Annihilation . Any props/ costumes..?

loved that film as well! Don't remember if there was any intesting props though. looking forward to see what comes up :)

I was thinking of getting hold of a replica bear skull (you can get them on Ebay) and having a shot at sculpting the creature head from it. A model of the guy melted into the pool wall and the lighthouse would be cool too.

I loved the film too but can't remember any unique props from it...i started reading the books and there are a few from the first book that I'd love to make lime a map of the southern reach or sensor they all carry or some of the journal's or a photo of the lighthouse keeper...

I loved the film too but can't remember any unique props from it...i started reading the books and there are a few from the first book that I'd love to make lime a map of the southern reach or sensor they all carry or some of the journal's or a photo of the lighthouse keeper...

I made this replica journal, map & photos about four years ago. It's basically a custom leather cover on a hardback of the novel, and actually has my blood on the map :eek:

ta6n1u.jpg

2mhx6hx.jpg

2qd6hqa.jpg

bearmonster.jpg
That's rad! That's some serious dedication to add your own blood samples to the collection, lol. I've heard the southern reach trilogy described as a modern retelling of Lovecrafts The Colour out of Space. Great stuff. I'm sure Propnomicon would get a kick out of it.

I want that journal! That bear was horrifying btw.

Last edited:
This is incredible! Do you have a write-up anywhere of how you created it or where you sourced the pieces (leather journal, map, etc.).
Glad you like it!

The images were all sourced online, then combined and manipulated in photoshop. The leather cover was actually an existing blank journal jacket that I then laser engraved with the Southern Reach logo and lettering. The map and logo were created by an artist for promotion of the book series. There were also some Seance & Science Brigade maps and tarot cards created, you can still find them all online. I did also have an M1911 air pistol with laser engraved Southern Reach wooden grips, but sold the gun with the original grips. I may still have the custom ones around somewhere :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back