ANH Restraining Bolt Build

I think Cantina_Dude has my response covered here :)

All the restraining bolts seem to still be in the archives (no idea on the exact amount made, but there's enough).
None of those in the archives are real Arriflex parts. All machined. No numbers, no screw holes, no 'real' details.
This was checked by Brandon and others who dug through the archives thoroughly.

To explain this I have two GUESSES...

1. They were machined copies made for their original purpose - lens adaptors, just not commercially made ones. Maybe made by a camera department years before ANH.

2. Lucas, or someone, said we need a prop that looks something like this (grabs lens adaptor holding it up to droid). Someone runs off and makes copies of it for props.

The Granite Earth, Galaxy's Edge, and Regal Robot restraining bolt replicas are all made from the same measurements from original props in the archives.

I hope that helps.

The Arriflex is a really cool find. I have one in my own collection.
Wicked info! Thanks for sharing Chris!

I have a feeling a few Arriflex lens will be hitting the Junkyard soon! Lol
Well even if you see what looks like just a machined part in the movie a real Arriflex lens may have still been used in at least one time in the movie and clearly all the bolts were patterned from it. They probably had a half dozen of those things floating around or more. Who knows what was what. I’m keeping mine.

This is one of those found part props like the APH-6B for the X-Wing helmets, even though a real one was never used on-screen I’d rather have the original vintage part that it was based on.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back