Amazon's BLADE RUNNER 2099 Series

Didn’t see this coming (probably should have guessed), but I’m actually excited! I really liked 2049, and BR is one of the only sci-fi’s that’s still trying to be philosophical.
Yeah... I'm optimistic. I've enjoyed Black Lotus, & I remember how little faith everyone had in that after the first trailers, but it's fit into the universe pretty well

If it's about damn replicants and Blade Runners doing the same cat and mouse game again, no thanks. I liked 2049 but it is incredibly empty on rewatches.

At this point, the best way to go is an anthology series with stories like LukaFilm Slice of Life. It is the best thing to have anything to do with Blade Runner since the original movie.

After another fifty odd years gone by you would think they might have caught All those Naughty Replicants..
Or at the very least engineer a fail safe into their genetic code to shut them down but at this point they are technically Human so maybe its going to focus on their rights and zim guessingvthey cant All be crazy fruit loops...

I really liked 2049.. strong visuals and a Superb Thumping soundtrack.
I feel like a certain other franchise more isnt always better..

I totally agree. More of the same isn’t always better. And much as I love Blade Runner , dystopian visions of the future can sure get tiresome.
Ever since the OG BR pretty much every SciFi movie tried to copy the format. This has the possibility of feeling like a Lampoon of itself if not careful.
I'd rather see other Philip K Dick turned into clever movies, they tried with Electronic Dreams TV show but that mostly failed in its execution..

Last edited:
Anyone have ideas on how to apply to get into the special effects shop that will work on this?
If you can figure out what workshop(s) is/are doing the special effects you could always try cold calling and trying to get an internship. Of course if you can figure out a connection to someone that works there that would be better. Film is all about who you know, not necessarily who is the most qualified. People tend to hire people that they like and people that have a passion for their job over people that are hood at the job, but not fun to be around.

If you can figure out what workshop(s) is/are doing the special effects you could always try cold calling and trying to get an internship. Of course if you can figure out a connection to someone that works there that would be better. Film is all about who you know, not necessarily who is the most qualified. People tend to hire people that they like and people that have a passion for their job over people that are hood at the job, but not fun to be around.
Yeh, I'm looking at the people who worked on 2049. Some include people from Pinewood's Arcadia crew and such. I'll have to poke around a little bit more, especially since that because Amazon is involved with this, they might plomp in different studios on 2099

I hope they go to the off world colonies or something. Group of replicant workers, a human murder, send in the Blade Runner to find the perp etc. Cant kill with impunity because Replicants have gained sentient rights and have to be treated as more than property now. Also many people are mad about these new rights.

I hope they go to the off world colonies or something. Group of replicant workers, a human murder, send in the Blade Runner to find the perp etc. Cant kill with impunity because Replicants have gained sentient rights and have to be treated as more than property now. Also many people are mad about these new rights.
And yes to Off-World Colonies episodes; also some love stories between Replicants + humans or Replicants + Replicants or...you get my drift.
Make it like a real detective story! ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back