Alternative Han in Carbonite

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by mikefrye1096, Apr 4, 2015.

1. mikefrye1096

mikefrye1096 New Member

So I am in the beginning stages of constructing my first attempt at a HIC. As I was pondering my first steps I began wondering how would Han in Carbonite look if Jedi never happened. If Han had stayed as Jabba's permanent display. Eventually Jabba would die and his palace pillaged. Maybe Han would be sold. Maybe he would get damaged and repaired throughout the years using whatever parts the current owner had access to. So what would a HIC look like 30 years later? That would be an interesting and different concept. Any thoughts or photo shop ideas would be appreciated.

2. Fuzzual

Fuzzual Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I love the idea of this! I'd have to ponder the concepts a bit, but off the top of my head I would think that it would be severely weathered, far more than it is currently. Also, and I am no Carbonite expert, but would there be a need for updated power supplies or external one to maintain the unit? That perhaps after 30 year the side panels may not function as well? Just a thought. Can't wait to see what you do with this.

3. QCWolf

QCWolf Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

New, fun and interesting greeblies are in your future. I say get creative with the side panels.

4. mikefrye1096

mikefrye1096 New Member

At the very early stages. I don't have the money to get all the great casts available. I have a cast of Hans face and have cast my own hands. I knew that it wouldn't be an exact replica and thought maybe an alternative story line could explain why.

5. SmilingOtter

SmilingOtter Master Member

I think it would be great from a storytelling standpoint. Depending on how long he stayed frozen, he could awaken to find his friends much older and the New Republic just starting out, or with everyone long dead and practically myths (though that shouldn't be too likely in a technologically advanced setting where everything has been recorded and documented.)

Back on topic, I look forward to seeing what you do with the idea.

6. Fuzzual

Fuzzual Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

My wife had bought me the cast of Han's face (which I still have) and for the longest time i knew I wouldn't be able to afford the full cast, so i was literally going to make a carbonite build that was just his face without the rest of the body. (I still think about doing that) So that could be one thing you could do. Maybe the bounty hunters cut poor Han up and they all took a piece? LOL!

7. mikefrye1096

mikefrye1096 New Member

I ordered some hand casting kits that you usually use for the kids and made the best "Han" hands I could. The rest I will sculpt. The panels won't be exact at all but I really don't think that will be a concern as long as they light up and blink. I also have an idea about outlining the whole thing with hidden orange LEDS on a dimmer to give it that carbonite chamber glow. I bought the Han face from a company in Florida. I'm looking forward to starting it.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  8. mikefrye1096

mikefrye1096 New Member

I'll post a picture or two as soon as I figure out how.