Almost finished my skin

troggs

I've just about finished my skin, I used a flash suit, I had to pad the chest muscles out from the inside as I'm under 5'8 tall. Thanks Macguyver for the brilliant tutorial, after a fair bit of experimentation the colour scheme just evolved into this, I was after an aged effect, so I went for a yellowish tinge to some areas. The feet might look a bit misshapen at the moment, they're just draped over the stand the dummy's on. The top of the chest isn't quite as white as it looks in the pictures, I just couldn't get it stop glaring in the pics. I've still got to velcro the flap at the back that will hide the zip, then I can seal it.
sd4.jpg

sd5.jpg

sd6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the comments guys, just another couple of coats of sealant to do, then comes the fun of trying to get it off the duct tape dummy.

I've added some darker tones to the hands and feet to make them match the skin better, I'm using Liquitex gloss medium and varnish as a protective coat, any experienced suit builders tell me how many coats I should apply, thanks guys.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back