Almost completed sandcrawler from star wars

Yeah ... it's a huge sandcrawler ... as I kinda suspected after a while ... and for such endeavours you're more than welcome Irishpiper ... keep it up :)

Chaim

hahaha, relax man... it's all in good fun. Very impressive sand crawler. :thumbsup

Keep up the good work.

Wow! That thing is seriously awesome. Very impressive. I can assure you our comments weren't meant to offend. We were just kind of confused by the thread. Thanks for posting pics!

I don't know if you can see in the photo, but in the first picture that is R2-D2 dangling from the side. I put him on for giggles

- - - Updated - - -

I'll lighten up. I just put a lot of time into this thing. I felt like I was about to be received like a first graders attempt at macaroni art.

I don't know if you can see in the photo, but in the first picture that is R2-D2 dangling from the side. I put him on for giggles

- - - Updated - - -

I'll lighten up. I just put a lot of time into this thing. I felt like I was about to be received like a first graders attempt at macaroni art.

No worries man... I totally understand and appreciate the work put into something. If someone has anything negative to say, just let it roll off your back. 9 times out of 10, they're just jealous and can't do what you do. Those few who can do, won't be mean about any critiques they may have. This isn't a mean spirited place... they welcome everyone just the same.

You gotta admit though, the first few posts were pretty funny. They made me laugh and I was/is having a pretty rough day.

Then I saw the pics and my jaw dropped.

Yes it is mobile. Fred Flintstone style

- - - Updated - - -

The original intent was to have the tracks roll, but there are too many ways it can go wrong

Extremely impressive, man. I couldn't ever create anything like that, no matter how hard I tried.
I'm curious though, you say costume, not prop, how does one wear it?

Ok, it's awesome and I could never make one, but the inaccurate treads are very distracting to this anal-retentive Star Wars fan. :p

I think this build/costume is an innovative and super creative achievement. I for one would be thrilled to have this bad boy in my garage.
Well done and welcome to the RPF! :)

Basically I stand inside and push it around with my 2 Jawas to guide me

- - - Updated - - -

This is only my second costume build

I know that the treads are not accurate, but my original intent was to have them move. The easiest way for that to happen was with the design I went with. To get the tracks to move in the movie correct setup would have been impractical with my design. I would have had to make them similar to real world functional and since this is a costume and not a real sandcrawler, I felt these were good enough.

That is super cool! It must take up an entire car space in the garage! Well done and welcome to the RPF, the largest group of talented smart asses you will ever meet! :lol

As an Imperial collector I didn't look in this thread till now. But the Sandcrawler looks very cool, and with its large size it is very impressive. :thumbsup

That is really quite impressive. I loved your choice of materials for the rear of the sandcrawler. This thing was clearly built with equal parts "cool", "creativity" and "dedication".

Looking forward to your next endeavor here.

Ted.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back