Aliens Vs Predator Miniatures Game Kickstarter

shadowedge

Not sure if anyone knows about this yet but a professional mimiature games maker, Prodos, (think Warhammer style of games) has been in talks with FOX and they ended up getting the liscense to make an AVP game!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/513277403/alien-vs-predator-the-miniatures-game

Their initial goal was to raise £35,000 but as of right now they have £126,336 with 18 days left!

It seems to take the entire Expanded Universe  and movies as canon. Best part is that Steve Perry is going to write the story! This is all set inbetween Alien and Aliens.

Also this will be the first time to my knowlege that we will see an official Female Predator model, in fact you can see a picture of it on the Kickstarter page.

This is awesome!

Have had a look a while back, just seems like a rip off of the Games Workshop Space Hulk Game.  Nahhh, won't be buying.  Plenty of interest in it though and good to see they have got their backing and more :)

I intend to buy and paint the models, but I have no interest in playing the game.  I currently play Malifaux and will attempt to proxy these in when playing with my friends, if they let me.

shadowedge said:
Space Hulk! Isn't that an Alien inspired miniatures game? Space Marines and all that?
Yeah you have a point, It is one of those type of games it is either your thing or it;s not.  You can change the characters in the game to whatever Genre and rule system, however it is still on the Wargaming Platform and it does not do it for me. Have tried and it bored me, Used to Play old school RPG's such as D@D. Runequest and Stormnringer. They fired my Imagination more than any turn based game will ever do.  Predator and Alien RPG's they are out there, created by Fan's and for free.  The figures, yeah I think they are really cool and most people will buy into this for them alone, not the game. :)

I probably won't play the game either but I would be very interested in buying the models. Plus the tie in novel by Perry too.

I'm buyng it on the 22nd mainly because I have wanted to play something like D&D, but never really got into anythimg medieval. The models and everything are a definite bonus and it is always good to help out on things like this.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back