Aliens: Ripley's Power Loader boots

RobWolf

Hi guys, this is a bit of a mad question but does anyone have a make on the boots Ripley wears when she's in the Power Loader? They look like ski boots, I was wondering if they were off-the-shelf or were they custom?

Wow, fast reply! Much appreciated :)

So essentially they're another one of those rare items I'm going to have to spend months scouring eBay for and then probably get in a bidding war for :(

Don't feel bad. I have that problem with adding to my civil defense/cold war collection. Ever notice Japan gets the cool movie related stuff? These shoes in reissues, a Terminator head that is a dvd player.

TERMINATOR HEAD DVD PLAYER?!! *looks on eBay*

Yeah, and also Japan's Universal Studios theme park didn't decide to scrap their BTTF ride in favour of a Simpsons ride, at least ten years after the Simpsons stopped being a good show...AND they churn out new merchandise for their BTTF ride store!

Hi guys, this is a bit of a mad question but does anyone have a make on the boots Ripley wears when she's in the Power Loader? They look like ski boots, I was wondering if they were off-the-shelf or were they custom?

There is not too much on these. The actual the hi-tops Ripley wears in ALIENS were a custom job. Apparently they were made for the film by REEBOK, but were never released as the hi-top she wears in the film. The shoe she wears has a double strap and looking at this image of the scaled pose-able model, the shoe is at least 10" tall.

attachment.php

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=95399&stc=1&d=1337670326
The mid high shoe is available for about $80, but is not the real deal if your wanting a proper Ripley costume.

If I could get a pair of these in my size I would totally rip off the grey part and construct the whole upper. It would probably cost about $300 for the different leathers, but there would be a lot left over.

If I could get a pair of these in my size I would totally rip off the grey part and construct the whole upper. It would probably cost about $300 for the different leathers, but there would be a lot left over.
I think you will find the whole shoe is made from vinyl. If you were to do a complete new build, would you not make the whole thing out of leather? When you buy leather, do you have to buy a whole hide or can you buy it cut up?

If there was a knockoff made, it would probably be vinyl. I don't think a company like Reebok would be that cheap. Using vinyl is like throwing in the towel for your whole company, the stuff is garbage.

I wouldn't even try a complete scratch build. There'd be no way to find soles even remotely like the originals and it wouldn't be worth the effort if the sole is that far off.

Most places require you buy a whole hide. Shoes are generally made from cow hide, so we're talking really big hides. You might be able to find it in a side, though, which would run about $100 for the white/light grey stuff, $100 for the dark grey, and you could probably get away with lambskin for the tongue, which is a smaller hide for about $35. The lambskin could do about 10 tongues and the sides could make about 50 pairs of shoes (top section, not the whole shoe).

If there was a knockoff made, it would probably be vinyl. I don't think a company like Reebok would be that cheap. Using vinyl is like throwing in the towel for your whole company, the stuff is garbage.

Both NIKE and REEBOK has made heaps of vinyl shoes over the years.

aliens-reebok-stompers-stompers00.jpg-95142d1337510871

I wouldn't even try a complete scratch build. There'd be no way to find soles even remotely like the originals and it wouldn't be worth the effort if the sole is that far off.

I was searching for images last night and all the images I found of this shoe did not have the Xeno sole. They had a standard basketball sole with their name in the rubber.

I like this pair
attachment.php

This pair do look like leather.

Most places require you buy a whole hide. Shoes are generally made from cow hide, so we're talking really big hides. You might be able to find it in a side, though, which would run about $100 for the white/light grey stuff, $100 for the dark grey, and you could probably get away with lambskin for the tongue, which is a smaller hide for about $35. The lambskin could do about 10 tongues and the sides could make about 50 pairs of shoes (top section, not the whole shoe).

I only asked because there is a place local to me that sell leather by the hide only. Their prices vary hide to hide and are weight based I'm guessing. Typically their hides are used for furniture and run upwards of $300. And yes, they are huge.

Yea, $300 for a full upholstery hide sounds standard. There are cheaper places in LA, which is where I get my garment leather. You might have some luck with smaller pieces on ebay. Tough to match the color that way, though.

And I know the bottom of the sole isn't the xenomorph, but it's still a very specific shape and color. I'd only bother to build the shoe from scratch if I found a sole that was literally identical to the Reebok release shoes. If they ever rerelease these things I'll definitely grab a pair in my size before they're all gone.

And here I was thinking some crazy RPFer was making actual YELLOW POWER LOADER BOOTS to wear. :lol

Talk about bug stompers...

And here I was thinking some crazy RPFer was making actual YELLOW POWER LOADER BOOTS to wear. :lol

Talk about bug stompers...

Now wouldn't that be the prop to build - a 1:1 working power loader!

Oops I spoke too soon :behave

attachment.php

I WANT ONE! :cool

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back