Alien 4..a small Betty

Dymerski

Sr Member
Doing this for one of our fellow RPFers

One of the most difficult builds I have had in ages!!! a uncured resin mess!! I made molds of the engines, re cast them YES I AM A RECASTER!!!!
UGH, needed to, kit is out of production. Ground out portions of the body and re sculpted the area..she was a ton of work...she is 95% done, need to tweek and add the stand

Last edited:
Man, that looks fantastic! The Betty is my 2nd favorite ship from the Alien universe. Only the Nostromo is cooler. :)
Never knew there was a kit out there at all!

Man, that looks fantastic! The Betty is my 2nd favorite ship from the Alien universe. Only the Nostromo is cooler. :)
Never knew there was a kit out there at all!

I agree, she's a great ship, but can anybody figure out what her landing configuration must look like? Seems like there was a script reference or maybe novelization that mentioned the ship on the ground. Maybe those scorpion-like thruster claws come into play?

I agree, she's a great ship, but can anybody figure out what her landing configuration must look like? Seems like there was a script reference or maybe novelization that mentioned the ship on the ground. Maybe those scorpion-like thruster claws come into play?

I created the CGI replacement that was built for the Special Edition DVD. Working with Ian Hunter, we designed the wings to hinge and fold upwards about 45 degrees, and then have landing gear unfold out of the bottom in the style of a B-52 bomber. Wheeled gear was deemed "not sci-fi enough" by Fox, so I switched it to a classic skid setup.

I created the CGI replacement that was built for the Special Edition DVD. Working with Ian Hunter, we designed the wings to hinge and fold upwards about 45 degrees, and then have landing gear unfold out of the bottom in the style of a B-52 bomber. Wheeled gear was deemed "not sci-fi enough" by Fox, so I switched it to a classic skid setup.
only five years too late....
originally posted: May 5, 2010, 12:47 PM

better late than never, brother... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the post, Jontom! I think wheels (with some kind of hi-tech replacement for rubber) would have been very cool and hearken back to some of the production design from ALIEN that shows a ship deployed planetoid with large barrel-shaped wheels. Welcome to the forum.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back