airbrush help!

Did you try pouring cleaner in the little hole on the side of the valve?

That happened to me once and I used cleaner and scraped the stem inside the hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did try pouring cleaner in the little hole in the side of the valve?

That happened to me once and I used cleaner and scraped the stem inside the hole.

I did try that. And it didn't do anything. I'll taste the thing apart again tomorrow and soak it in cleaner. That may help

I did try that. And it didn't do anything. I'll taste the thing apart again tomorrow and soak it in cleaner. That may help

So just to be clear, you did remove the valve from the airbrush and dug around on the second tiny hole on the side of threaded stem?

Sounds like there's gunk inside the valve under the stem.
You should be able to remove the stem itself.

Last edited:
Should be able to dismantle the valve -

f35d0bc8d141ead4eda015d3433d332e.jpg

I've had that happen before. Mine was build up on the pin or in the pin hole that would cause it to get stuck. I would let it soak and then clean the pin and pin hole in the body.

So just to be clear, you did remove the valve from the airbrush and dug around on the second tiny hole on the side of threaded stem?

Sounds like there's gunk inside the valve under the stem.
You should be able to remove the stem itself.

I'll be honest, I don't see any hole in the side of anything here.

Does the little valve unscrew out of this?

Mine unscrews, but mine is a Paasche Talon.

Mine came with an allen wrench that you insert into the bottom of the valve and allows you to unscrew it.
Yours might be different.

Apparently my local hobby shop can't order a new o-ring on it's own. I have to get an entirely new valve.

Maybe it's time for a top feeding airbrush.

Any recommendations for one that's good and a fair price? I don't really need it to be too precise. Most of what I do is paneling and base coating

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I hear nothing but good news from Iwata Neo but I havent tried it.
Also a very good price.

I have a paasche Talon, but dont know how good it really is because its the only airbrush Ive used in 20 years.

I had a few issues with this airbrush but that was from wear-and-tear (split nozzle tip) and issued that were my fault for not putting the right thinner mix and pressure.

I own an iwata neo cn, I had a clog in the air intake valve but was super easy to fix

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Apparently my local hobby shop can't order a new o-ring on it's own. I have to get an entirely new valve.

Maybe it's time for a top feeding airbrush.

Any recommendations for one that's good and a fair price? I don't really need it to be too precise. Most of what I do is paneling and base coating

Did you try ordering one yourself online?

Did you try ordering one yourself online?

Do you know where I can do that?

He said that his catalogue didn't have it sold by itself. It was only sold as the entire valve structure.

Sure, it was only $15, but I've been itching for a new one anyway. I'm curious about a top feed unit

Do you know where I can do that?

He said that his catalogue didn't have it sold by itself. It was only sold as the entire valve structure.

Sure, it was only $15, but I've been itching for a new one anyway. I'm curious about a top feed unit

I used to have bottom feed and the Talon top feed (which i just started using s few months ago) is pretty good.
I now prefer it over the syphon feed.

I used to have bottom feed and the Talon top feed (which i just started using s few months ago) is pretty good.
I now prefer it over the syphon feed.

Is paasche a good brand? I bought mine with no experience at all and it's the only one I've ever had

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back