Agents of SHIELD Tablet?

renaissance_man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone know what brand of tablet they use in the Agents of SHIELD TV series?
I know that in Avengers Age of Ultron they made no effort to hide the fact they were using Samsung products but it seems in AoS they hide the branding.

If anyone knows and could post here that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks bikemancs.

I'm wondering what tablets they use later on in the series, more the end of series 1 and on into series 2? It looks like a 10 inch or maybe 12 inch tablet but I'm not 100% sure.

I haven't paid attention to the tablets recently, but most seem to have some casings on them, not sure if they are otterbox or something else. I have some free time over the next few days, I think, I'll see if anything comes into mind.

I haven't paid attention to the tablets recently, but most seem to have some casings on them, not sure if they are otterbox or something else. I have some free time over the next few days, I think, I'll see if anything comes into mind.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

If anyone else knows which tablets they a quick post with the brand name would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Pretty sure I noticed a Microsoft Surface RT (first gen black housing) tablet in an early episode...but stopped watching the show after a couple of episodes.

They are easy to spot as they are widescreen 16:9 versus most tablets which are 4:3.

And Google Images turned up this... SHIELD-s2e2-Mac-Fitz.png which is a Surface Pro 2.

Cool.
Nice to get the scoop from an insider!

What program do you use to run the animations on the tablets in the episodes?

Thanks

Hey renaissance_man I'm going to copy/paste my response to your PM, so folks don't think I'm ignoring your question. :)

Here's probably more information than you ever wanted to know about on-set playback graphics:

On AGENTS OF SHIELD, I do all the animation and graphics in After Effects, using parts made in Photoshop and Cinema 4D and render it all as looping playback Quicktime movies. The onset playback operator can then play these loops in the various monitors and tablets, etc... using Director (Adobe) - from a little monitoring station very close to the set where he can see the actors and hit keys that activate the loops on cue. Like if they're looking at a big map on Coulson's big screen and suddenly there's a blip indicating an agent - or if there's a video call from somewhere - the playback operator will activate a loop on cue or synch with the actors and hit a key just as the actor is pretending to activate some action on the tablet, etc...

Occasionally the actor needs to be able to activate something onscreen, and in those cases we make dedicated apps using Director that respond to keys or touchscreen - usually really simple like if an actor touches a button on (for instance) the dungeon controller tablet, the button will light up for a second - and then you'd see the VFX of the containment barrier going up or down. That kind of thing.

So on the Surface tablets we use Director apps running quicktime movie loops - or if there's no action and just a static image, sometimes it'll just be a jpeg.

Hey renaissance_man I'm going to copy/paste my response to your PM, so folks don't think I'm ignoring your question. :)

Here's probably more information than you ever wanted to know about on-set playback graphics:

On AGENTS OF SHIELD, I do all the animation and graphics in After Effects, using parts made in Photoshop and Cinema 4D and render it all as looping playback Quicktime movies. The onset playback operator can then play these loops in the various monitors and tablets, etc... using Director (Adobe) - from a little monitoring station very close to the set where he can see the actors and hit keys that activate the loops on cue. Like if they're looking at a big map on Coulson's big screen and suddenly there's a blip indicating an agent - or if there's a video call from somewhere - the playback operator will activate a loop on cue or synch with the actors and hit a key just as the actor is pretending to activate some action on the tablet, etc...

Occasionally the actor needs to be able to activate something onscreen, and in those cases we make dedicated apps using Director that respond to keys or touchscreen - usually really simple like if an actor touches a button on (for instance) the dungeon controller tablet, the button will light up for a second - and then you'd see the VFX of the containment barrier going up or down. That kind of thing.

So on the Surface tablets we use Director apps running quicktime movie loops - or if there's no action and just a static image, sometimes it'll just be a jpeg.

Thank you for your comprehensive response, I'm sure I'm not the only one who really appreciates you sharing this information with us.

Good luck for Season 3 of Agents of SHIELD and Season 2 of Agent Carter.

Pretty sure I noticed a Microsoft Surface RT (first gen black housing) tablet in an early episode...but stopped watching the show after a couple of episodes.

They are easy to spot as they are widescreen 16:9 versus most tablets which are 4:3.

I'd urge you to give the show a second chance, After the episodic format of the early half of Season 1 they started to weave more into the MCU and get into a bit more of a serialized format with each episode making the next a compelling must see.

All series need to find their feet in the first Season and I think you'll be surprised at where the Marvel team take the series after you've invested the time with Coulson and Co during those early footsteps.

Happy viewing if you decide to go back and give the series a second chance.

Hi Phelyx,

thanks for your input. First I need to tell you that you did a really good job on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. As a hobby designer I noticed that in every season the design of the interface graphics are looking a bit different.

One of my friends (name changed) is also a huge AoS fan and he asked me if I could do a customized wallpaper for his desktop. By using the right screenshot for reference I've redrawn the left picture with CorelDraw. Of course with a bit of artistic freedom, not every single detail was clearly visible.
I also did the magnets with the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo on both doors.

Thanks again for the good designs and I wish you a happy New Year.

Dietrich

Alfred.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back