Advice Needed, Something Not Quite Right.

Directlinq

Hi everybody this is my first big project so go easy. I have built a predator head from foam latex and other stuff, the more i look at it the more i think something it's not quite right with it. But I've been staring at it so long, i think I've gone predator blind. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

20130303_170517.jpg

20130303_170525.jpg

Only thing i can think of is that the top mandibles could be a bit bigger and have bigger teeth.
But other than that its a very good first try :) 

I think it looks great!  The blue veins on the chest are too bright and could use a thin coat of the skin color on top but your overall head is great.  Good color, good blending...nice work ;)

Oh and maybe weight down the dreads with some dread beads?

Dread beads are on the to do list.was thinking using some plastic pipe.but didnt know if out would be heavy enough. I agree with the veins but I'm worried ill ruin it when trying to blend the skin colour back in. Thanks for the positive comments on the head. May need to make some more larger teeth too.So you think it does actually look like predator and not just some monster, which is what i was worried about.

It looks damn good to me.  :)

The only thing I'd think about changing is narrowing it a bit at the mandibles, so the mandible flaps are a little closer together.

But it looks damn good to me.

IN my humble opinion-- for sure dread beads, but possibly longer dreads as well. Mouth seems to be open too much as well to me-- but other than that-- looks good!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back