Adam Savage's One Day Builds: Star Trek Captain's Chair

Watched it this morning. I'm not even a fan of TOS Trek, but that is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Its so fun watching other people work. :)

It usually takes someone months to build one. He did it in a week. That just goes to show what you can do with lots of space, access to high end tools, a deep pocket book and friends you can hire to do all the wiring. If we ALL had this, it might night be as impressive.

It usually takes someone months to build one. He did it in a week. That just goes to show what you can do with lots of space, access to high end tools, a deep pocket book and friends you can hire to do all the wiring. If we ALL had this, it might night be as impressive.

We don't have friends? That's a bit harsh.

Jelly? :D

I think what I admire most about Adam is his efficiency and his ability to tackle so many projects he's passionate about in so little time. I've gotten WAY better about this over the years, but I can't focus on more than one or two things at a time.

The build is great and Adam and his friends have great skills in making this so quickly. The thing I like best about all of his builds though is his own reaction to it. He's a 13 year old boy in a mans body being able to play with the best toys there are :)

Nice chair but for god sakes Adam get yerself some pants and boots! :lol
I only saw it a fraction of a second, but I think the shape on the data cards was off too. One edge should be half round, I forget what angle the opposite flat edge should be.

The oval white thing on the comm speaker is an indicator light, and is flat. Instead he has it domed and uses it as a button.

...and the chair is awesome. :)

i watched this while my girl was watching the season finale of dancing with the stars, i much preferred the tested video. i have watched a few of tested videos with adam (almost all of them) what surprised me the most was adam said the f word 2 or 3 times in this one, that caught me off guard and i chuckled. lol

Loved this video! Could anybody help me identify what type of switches are used on the left arm of the chair? I love the look of the switches and would really help finding out what they are and where I could get them!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back