A source for hi res models for Mk 3 Mk5 & MK 6 - Anyone seen/used this site before?

toomanyclowns

So full disclosure- I bought a model from http://www.jan-hamernik.com. Interested in the using the endo-tech stuff under my pepped chest piece. These models seem very detailed (more than I've seen elsewhere) and the service from the site was very speedy and helpful. Just surprised I'd never come across it on the RPF before given the interest in 3D printing pieces. Nowhere on the site does the author claim that the models were built by him but nor does it say that they weren't . Anyone else come across this? Put the name in the search field and came back with nothing.

Last edited:
Re: A source for hi res models for Mk 3 Mk5 & MK 6 - Anyone seen/used this site befo

Just a quick update. I've been playing around with the model a bit. This is the chest piece separated from the rest of the higher res model:

Mark3ChestHiRes.blend.png

And with the bare minimum of effort (L on Blender) it splits instantly into (almost) 3D print size bites...

Mark3ChestHiResSplit.blend.png

Not very far off anyway. A couple more splits and it'll be fine. All the pieces are solid as well. This seems almost too easy.

Last edited:
Re: A source for hi res models for Mk 3 Mk5 & MK 6 - Anyone seen/used this site befo

This is the endo-skelton that came with the model. Again,very detailed and a much tougher proposition to split for printing, i'm going to guess.

Mark3EndoSkelchestHiRes.blend.png

Let us know how you get along - sizing wise how are the pieces for printing?

At this point, I perhaps shouldn't be surprised but the model breaks apart very easily:

Mark3EndoSkelchestHiResSplit.blend.png

...and quite a bit is formed of repeatable, easily printed parts:

Mark3EndoSkelchestHiResSplit.blend3.png

Looks good man, I'm intrigued! Better looking than whats available on Turbo Squid imo.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back