A Daft Trooper-(TK takes on DP!)

I HAVE to know... where did you find those gloves EXACTLY? the circuit board looking gloves you wear and place the plates on?
Also do you by chance make and sell Guy-Man gold plates? with or without gloves

Same kind of question this pic with all these shoes... far left the RAM shoes... I gotta ask... WHERE..? XD I have a beautiful RAM helmet of Guy-man, and getting my outfit of RAM but no shoes for it >< SO I gotta know :)

Hello all!

Thought I'd check back in to get the pulse of the community. Rearing up to begin Starboy work. Sadly my original RAM Guy gloves I sculpted need to be re-chromed as well as new RAM gloves. Thankfully I have a ton of fabric I silkscreened last year to make some new ones! After seeing the originals in person at Maxfield (bought my plane tickets overnight to make it Sunday, amazing experience) the real ones aren't faring too much better with age. These costumes just aren't made for the type of abuse of cons. Probably why DP doesn't appear all that often! Expensive hobby I tell ya! NeoRinzler, I make the fabric, and made the boots. The tutorial for the boots are somewhere in back pages.

I picked up some new RAM jackets that had the wrong sequins but whatever, I really have wanted to do the blacked out look since 2013. From redoing my RAM boots like 4 times over, to other small fixes in the suits I've gotten the closest sans the jackets to replicating the look that I'm happy with. I have the right, square 5MM sequins on the trousers, and still have enough to make the jackets one day... but 1k on jackets before doing something different like Starboy is out of the question. I really dig the Starboy costumes especially after seeing them in person!

Credits:
Chrome | Creations N' Chrome
GM lid | Pedro Aloha
TB lid | Volpin
______

RAM Fabric | TK-9336
GB glove plates | TK-9336
TB gloves plates | Arytom
______

Sequin Jackets | Zara Pour Homme
Black Shirt and Silk Tie | Express Men
Pants | Custom using 5MM sequin chain
Boots | TK-9336
______

Without ado here are some of the images of my RAM suits in 2017~

Daft Punk | RAM | Riverwalk &amp; Nyke Studios by Kevin Skiera, on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

Some more from C2E2 last year as well. Shot by my friend Anna:

FB_IMG_1493089944587 by Kevin Skiera, on Flickr

FB_IMG_1493089910427 by Kevin Skiera, on Flickr

FB_IMG_1493089936904 by Kevin Skiera, on Flickr

Candids on the con floor by our resident Darth Maul, aka Ted Ruler:

Daft Punk | Get Lucky | Ted Ruler by Kevin Skiera, on Flickr

Daft Punk | Get Lucky | Ted Ruler by Kevin Skiera, on Flickr

Here are a few more from Dragon Con 2017, shot by another great friend Trent Thornton. I got to borrow RabidIrish himself to wear my TB:

Daft Punk | Get Lucky | Trent Thornton by Kevin Skiera, on Flickr

I need to really add more mesh in my visor and do a completely new TB lid. I really want to do the actual jackets, but at 500-700 a pop, (and being back in school) its a project for down the road, like my LYTD jackets. I'm expecting to get a 3D printed RAM TB, they just so, so, damn good.

For the longest time I couldn't post images to this forum for some weird reason on flickr but it feels great to be back!

I see you mentioning the "Starboy" costumes and I assume you're talking about the suits we also saw them wearing at the 2017 Grammys with the capes. After seeing them in person myself at the pop up shop and taking tons of reference photos (two of which you unknowingly photo bombed :lol:) I've been really itching to break out the sewing machine and start working on the suits myself. Would definitely like to see what you've come up with over the past 3 years.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back