89 Keaton bat suit... attaching emblem? to suit? to cowl? both somehow?

jacobzking

i'm working on an 89 batman suit and am curious to see how most of you guys attach the emblem. there a spot on the cowl I can attach it to. but there's also a place on the chest. i was thinking of trimming off the half oval piece from the cowl and just attaching to the chest. any thoughts on a "wright or wrong" way?

batman-1989-8.jpgI don't believe there is a right or wrong way. It's very hard to tell which way it was done, but I've looked at a lot of photos and want to say that its attached to the chest piece. I couldn't say yes or no, but a guess would be its on the chest. Good luck....

The original suit had the emblem attached to the cowl flap, the flap was sat on top of emblem shaped plates that were part the cape, and then chest, cape and cowl were all bolted together to the cape harness.

Short answer: on the cowl flap lol It depends how well your cowl lines up with the chest piece you have as to where it looks best.

When I was planning an 89 build (ended up not doing it, and chose the Arkham Origins one) I was going to glue the emblem to the cowl and then use velcro to attach the cowl to the chest and keep it in place... not sure how well that'd do for you, but it's an idea.

Ive just done mine last night, ive bonded the emblem to the cowl, and then im going to attach either some thin velcro pads, or magnetic strips to secure it to the chest piece when ive got it on so it doesnt flap around :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back