6 Star Wars Costumes in 3 Weeks w/ No Budget!

Just finished my updated low budget pack:

mag-fett-pack-finished.jpg

this thread is amazing. I've been wanting to make a few Star Wars costumes for a while now but I've been put off by the potential cost of the project (i'm the classic broke student). But i'll defiantly follow your lead on this. Thanks for the inspiration.

I really like the way this Boba Fett is coming along... we just did an all day troop with Vader, TK, Boba Fett... and me as Jack Sparrow! Here is a great shot of Fett (though having a little chest armor failure):

071.JPG

After seeing these shots, I think I'll take the plunge and distress his jumpsuit.

Here's a nice group shot before we set out:

DSCF0014.JPG

And Vader had fun at the arm-wrestling booth:

074.JPG

But he wasn't allowed to use the Force, so...

075.JPG

Kind regards,
Indy

Last edited:
Out in the light you can see that Boba needs a little "dirtying" but still, the quality for such a short time period is astounding!

Thanks! During the troop a rugby ball came flying at Boba Fett and hit his blaster, smashing the front of the plastic scope. So, I had to do a little rebuild. Also added some distressing to the jumpsuit and made new hands for the mannequin:

fett-2012001.jpg

fett-2012004.jpg

Here is my stormtrooper with added pauldron and macrobinoculars:

002-2.jpg

...according to the SW wiki... Stormtroopers have worn pauldrons so it's accurate to some era, some story, somewhere. Pauldons just look cool anyway...

these by far are my favourite sort of built, starting with a pile of junk then making something appear out of it love the thread

This Vader is still getting out and about... this time he had a little run in with the local New Zealand police... but nothing a little force push can't solve:

cop-vs-vader2_zps23bde456.jpg

Unfortunately for Vader, it looks like they've upgraded their police batons:

cop-vs-vader_zps8c848b3c.jpg

As it turns out, cops here are well trained in the use of a lightbaton, so poor Vader was put in cuffs:

cop-vs-vader3_zpsaab1c142.jpg

Looks like the Emperor will have to bail him out... again.

Well, my make-shift budget pvc mannequin isn't holding up too well... I noticed it has started sagging over so, I'll have to reinforce the hip/spine area. Instead of stripping all the stormtrooper armor (and that blasted body suit), I decided a good temp fix would be to have him use the Emperor's cane:

clone-war-vet_zpsf9f20369.jpg

So, until the next time we have to use this outfit (and I get the chance to fix the mannequin), I'll just call him a "Clone War Vet". :lol

Kind regards,
Magnoli

I finally got the mannequin fixed up for my aging trooper and added some replica magazine pouches to the shoulder and belt. I still need to dye them black, but happy with the addition:

IMG_0746-2_zpsd4223156.jpg

Must say I am very impressed with the quality of this, how in the world did you find the time to do all this in three weeks? Give up sleep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back