5 ft. Falcon. It can be done.

Okay well I thought I would have some fun.

The purpose of this thread was simply to see what was being done, if anything, and if not get started on my own. As it is, I did not need to worry as both Blueprints and a kit are on the way.

So it's Falcon list time.

This is what I want to re-acquire or still have.

Need to get:

5' Falcon kit-One of my two Holy Grails as mentioned. The Ark of the Covenant is the other

Deagostini Falcon Model/Magazine-Supposed to be available in the US next month.

6' Toys R Us Falcon. Had one, was easily my favorite piece. Even though the 5' Model will take it's place as my favorite Falcon I still want this behemoth back. LOVE IT!!!!!!

Master Replicas Falcon-Maybe. As the Deagostini Falcon gets made they will probably offer and Episode 7, plus another company will likely offer an Episode 7 SS Falcon and all the Falcon guys will be busy getting kits, the Deagostini Falcon and so on, so the price on the MR will come down. Basic supply and demand, so if they come down back to normal I would still like to replace mine but if not the Deagostini will be fine as it's gonna be better when all is said and done, interiors, landing gear, etc.

New Hasbro-I have two, now I just need all the upgrades, etc. Gonna be about 1k when all is said and done.

Need a replacement Vintage Falcon

Still Have:

Gonna give one of my 6 BMFs a good overhaul with a new paint job, some upgrades, hoses on the landing gear, etc. I will have a second one to display figures in the famous scenes, Jabba and Han, Asteroid chase cockpit, Luke med bay, Luke training/Chess, Han in gunner seat, etc.

Got the 95 Falcon

MPC-No upgrades like the Lucasfilm one

Cutaway Falcon Model

Kenner 10" Micro Falcon-Stand in in my collection for the Medical Frigate Falcon. Usually displayed with the 5' model.

3D Puzzle Falcon

I'm sure I am forgetting some, misc Micro Machines pieces, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you all have and or want to get?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic from Jkno over at reblescum

Fine_tuning_the_Falcon_1976_Paul_Huston_and.jpg

Fine_tuning_the_Falcon_1976_Paul_Huston_and.jpg

Another thread dedicated to........"please can someone else do all the hard work, so we can buy your product"

Get off your ass and build the core base...that's what you claim to desire.

Take the energy you spend online searching for solutions and put it into work.

*****, I'm sick of these posts................

I understand this - but a lot of people (most) do not have the requisite skills to build it. or the extra time to put into getting those skills. and since they don't or haven't they really do not realize what they are asking for. I was one of those people once upon a time.

So what I would suggest is that since someone wants one of thee badly and is willing to pay - ask them to put their money where their mouth is. Figure 1 month (picking a random timeframe) worth of work plus materials plus a some amount you're comfortable working for per hour X160 hours in the month (or whatever timeframe it would take)... and contract yourself to build them a core. or sell them yours and start over (probably better because you know your next one will be better :))

focus on the positive side. when they realize they can't possibly afford to pay someone to do it... they may take the initiative to try themselves. most people do not realize that once you've put the time in, and the materials a model the size and detail of the Falcon would be a fairly nice car... without making a dime on it.

teach them is my advice. one or two may actually start contributing :D - I did :)

Jedi Dade

I like threads like this and build threads on studio scale models. I'm always impressed by the dedication and time many have put into building a studio scale ship. I'm not really a full on scratch builder, but I would like to try it. I personally don't have the time nor the room to display a five foot Falcon, but I always come away with just a bit more information from thrads like this when it comes to building one of my kits. Translating to a smaller scale you always loose some detail, but that's what I find challenging and fun. I always come away with a new bit of information.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back