3D printed Ant-Man mask

NicoMMF

Hey guys,

to celebrate the release of the new trailer of Marvel Studio's upcoming Ant-Man movie, we decided to 3D model the protagonist's helmet; here it is :

IMG_4543.JPGIMG_4544.JPGIMG_4542.JPGIMG_4545.JPGIMG_4546.JPGIMG_4547.JPGIMG_4548.JPGIMG_4549.JPG

The version we printed is quite small and is just to have an idea of the final result. If your printer is big enough to print it full scale for you or on a smaller scale for a kid, you can download the stl files here.

We are currently working on a second version that will be printed in different parts so that it can be printed in full scale on most printers. I will update this topic as soon as it's ready!

What do you guys think of this?

Last edited:
Hey guys,

to celebrate the release of the new trailer of Marvel Studio's upcoming Ant-Man movie, we decided to 3D model the protagonist's helmet; here's :

View attachment 425148View attachment 425149View attachment 425147View attachment 425150View attachment 425151View attachment 425152View attachment 425153View attachment 425154

The version we printed is quite small and is just to have an idea of the final result. If your printer is big enough to print it full scale for you or on a smaller scale for a kid, you can download the stl files here.

We are currently working on a second version that will be printed in different parts so that it can be printed in full scale on most printers. I will update this topic as soon as it's ready!

What do you guys think of this?

Pretty freakin Sweet man!

So glad someone is releasing STL files for this, I can't wait to see the final version of the WIP. I'm hesitant to start printing this until I get an idea of accuracy. Looks great so far.

What dimensions would you advise for a wearable size? Obviously it is based on wearer's head size but how thick are the walls?

I'm sure this will print very small properly but I'm seeing an issue if you try to scale up. The helmet is actually two very thin shells that are hollow. This should be solid space, not hollow if you want to scale up to life size. I can correct this for myself but it should probably be addressed in the final version. This is great for shapeways prints but for home printers it's a major pain to correct.

antmanhelm.JPG

Yeah the full size files will be released too no worries!

I just spoke with the person who designed it and the issues you mentionned will definitely be corrected for the full size version. So to anyone wanting a wearable version (so I guess most people posting here since it's a cosplay forum haha) I'd advise to wait for it to be released (within a few weeks hopefully).

Hey guys, here's a new update: we printed a small wearable version to make sure all the parts fit before we print the adult sized wearable version, here are some pics to show how all the parts are going to fit:

Pp5UMys.jpg78J08hO.jpg5Shmnva.jpgpYOUSjZ.jpg

The wearable version should be available very soon!

Edit: Radioman: it depends the size of your head but i think it should be fine.

Attachments

• FL3mVVW.jpg
    FL3mVVW.jpg
    729 KB · Views: 107
Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back