1/72 Star Wars Wish List

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by bobbyfett, Jun 8, 2005.

1. bobbyfett

bobbyfett Active Member

Ok, so I've been talking to a friend who is thinking of producing a line of resin Star Wars kits. 1/72 would be easiest for him, the least expensive for all of us, and also seems to be the favorite scale according to the poll I have going. They should hopefully be available in the SSM store as well as a few other online retailers. Is this something you guys would be interested in? If so, what would you like to see? Be sure to include any accessories you think would be a nice addition.
    He is starting off with Luke's T-16 Skyhopper for a simple subject that hasn't been produced yet. For accessories I recommended some womp rats (alive and "bullseyed"), Luke figures, a tool kit, some droids and possibly Luke's friends. He also wanted to do a rock/sand base and some removable panels. I'm not sure what will be in the final kit, we were just putting ideas out. Anyway, here's the chance to contribute to what could possibly be produced. Let's keep it fun and not worry about licensing, C&Ds or any of that stuff right now. Let's see what we can come up with. :)

2. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

Star Destroyer. ;)

3. bobbyfett

bobbyfett Active Member

:p You know what's funny about that? A 1/72 Star Destroyer would work out to be about 72 feet long. Hmm, maybe I should play 7272 in the lotto. :)

4. TFrosst

TFrosst Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

accurate AT-AT We need one to match up with the others in scale.

5. staermose

staermose Sr Member

I would like to see the rest of the fighter craft from OT. Like the A-, B-, Y-wings and DV's Tie fighter and the tie bomber. These would go nicely with the FM X-wing, Tie Fighter, Tie Interceptor and Jedi Starfighter.

6. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

i think anything from original trilogy too, a wings would go down well as would the b wing, the y wing would be in amazing demand, but then theres sandcrawlers, atst, snowspeeder etc, although in 1/72 they would be small they would fill a huge gap left by the mostly crude amt kits, has he thought of smaller scale cruisers? my cousin is workin on an executor at 13" but wont cast it the numbnut lol hes afraid itll go * up and ruin his build, but blockade runners, neb b frigates etc in an acceptable size scale would go down a storm as nothing really gets released from that niche of SW. when i get chance ill snap some pics of his executor for you guys to view at the size hes got a lot of the ridge detailing nailed and considering it was an off the cuff build it looks very nice.

7. cayman shen

cayman shen Master Member

Tantive IV.

8. SGluedMyFingers

SGluedMyFingers Well-Known Member

AGREED. TANTIVE..

Although that may be rather large.

9. Dobber

Dobber Well-Known Member

OT fighters to compliment and add to what Finemolds has produced and/or smaller scale Capital Ships. Ralphee is right, those ships do get ignored.

Chris

10. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Death Star II. ;)

11. Jedi Dade

Jedi Dade Sr Member

in 1/72 hmmmm

snowspeeder
    Y-wing
    B-wing
    A-wing
    Jabbas sail barge with skiffs

in 1/144
    Tantive
    Neb B

in 1/700+ about 18 -24 inches
    Mon Cal cruiser
    SD
    New republic SD
    Separatist cruisers

1/1
    Carrie in ANH
    Natalie in AOTC
    green Rancor food dancer from ROTJ

Jedi Dade

12. Luisiana Jones

Luisiana Jones Active Member

Yeah but Carrie in ROTJ slave stile :D thats some good thinking there...

13. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

good call dade, a sail barge would be a great piece, and id rather see capital ships than fighters, but that just me, i love the neb b, mon cals...home one brings me out in a sweat haha but seriously id love to see someone tackle some capital stuff, if i could cast id go with it myself but prices are way too high in the u.k to even get moulds made

14. cayman shen

Screw it, then, make the * large. It would be awesome to keep these things in the same scale, right? Can any obsessed modeler out there honestly say he wouldn't casually blow 300 bucks on a REALLY fine ANH Tantive IV?

I'd also love to see the Tyderium. The old kit sucks.

15. MinasTirithGuard

MinasTirithGuard New Member

Does anyone know where to get plans for the Tantive IV? That's a pretty sweet ship, I didn't like it at first but it's really grown on me. A 72nd scale prject would be pretty nice.

16. bobbyfett

bobbyfett Active Member

A 1/72 Tantive IV would be about 7 feet long. Not exactly something that'd be easily displayed. :confused :p

17. cayman shen

Ok, and shipping would probably suck, but a guy can dream, right?

18. wondu car

wondu car New Member

How about the Naboo royal cruiser, or Palpatines cruiser from ROTS.