1:1 scale TESB YODA

Cyberman

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Heres my latest Yoda figure with a new tunic material, which I think looks the closest I've seen, appart from the real stuff which is apparently incredibly expensive.

This is the real stuff... Real cotton apparently.

Cyb.

Originally posted by Kris@Jan 29 2006, 12:17 PM
I think he looks a tad to green. yoda is more bluish whitish green, isn't he?
[snapback]1170849[/snapback]​

I think the colours do look a bit green in those pics but in this one, under different lighting conditions , its better.

Here's a pic of the Yoda puppet from the Boston Museum's Star Wars exhibit. I don't know whether or not is was screen used, but it looked fairly old

Overall pic:

yoda1A.jpg

And a closeup of the tunic material and flute thingy

yoda2A.jpg

Thanks to WC for hosting.

-Fred

Originally posted by PHArchivist@Jan 29 2006, 07:19 PM
"appart from the real stuff which is apparently incredibly expensive."

What do know of the original material?
[snapback]1171060[/snapback]​

No a lot really... Its cotton and is apparently made in Tunisa or somewhere like that.. Theres a guy in Germany who wants to trade one of my Yodas for a roll so I'm telling him wait till I sculpt the newer version with the open mouth and teeth.

Cyb.

Heres another shot of the fabric... I'm going to do some serious digging soon to find out the and availabilty of this material.

Cyb.

Right I've just gotten back from the German guy about the fabric and its not cotton but pure silk.. and its incredibly expensive... He thinks its £130 or $230 per square meter.

Right, I'm going to make a overhauled version of my Yoda with slightly opened mouth. It'll be molded in latex so the hairs can be punched in and the fabric will be this expensive stuff - but hey if I get the right results, then its worth the money for this fabric.

Cyb.

Looking great.

Any chance to do a side by side comparsion of the original, CKING and Chewie15 Yoda???

So far I seem to like the CKING the most :D

BTW: the raw silk is 120 EURO/qm, not 120 GBP...quite a diffference ;)

Markus

Originally posted by OdiWan72@Jan 30 2006, 12:38 PM
Looking great.

Any chance to do a side by side comparsion of the original, CKING and Chewie15 Yoda???

So far I seem to like the CKING the most :D

BTW: the raw silk is 120 EURO/qm, not 120 GBP...quite a diffference ;)

Markus
[snapback]1171648[/snapback]​

Can you actually track down where to get this silk you mentioned and if theres are any pictures of it or contact details?

I prefer not to compare the two Yodas... they both have their merits :)

Cyb.

Maybe a front shot of just the head ;) .?

Pretty please...I´ll see what I can come up with reg. the fabric.
My guess is that we both have the same source and you´ve been told Mr. X´s resale price :rolleyes

Markus

Originally posted by Cyberman@Jan 30 2006, 07:41 PM
And a front view of the present one.

Cyb.
[snapback]1171912[/snapback]​

Looks fantastic - like straight out of the movie ... words fail me here - :D

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back