Death Star door control panel

Markus... your post reminded me to post here.

I have six viewers and am building the slide viewer setup as well. I have had the setup modeled very accurately based on the viewer dimensions and have nailed down the lights based on this.

It is my intention after C6 to work on making them so they can be run.

I have six viewers and am building the slide viewer setup as well. I have had the setup modeled very accurately based on the viewer dimensions and have nailed down the lights based on this.

That´s awesome!!!
I currently own 5 of the correct slide-viewers (plus 3 with the smaller lense :unsure).

It´d be great if you could provide the lamps/ bezels :thumbsup
What about the machined "antennaes"???

Markus

Last edited:

Hi Gang,

This is VERY exciting... But I have to ask... What are "slide viewers"???? :)

Hi Gang,

This is VERY exciting... But I have to ask... What are "slide viewers"???? :)

Something to put slides in an view these :lol

70s+slide+viewer.JPG

Sorry man...had to ;)

Markus

Last edited:
Here's a few more pics from other productions with the pieces I am now convinced are all from the same maker, if not the actual same parts themselves. The other productions does open up the possibilty that some of the real parts may still be around among other groups of collectors. The last time I can find them (outside of Star Wars) is in Moonraker (1979), but I haven't gone through the '80s yet. Check out the 'Doctor Who And The Wheel in Space' (1968) pic, isn't that Cantina Guy's pressure suit? Maybe these props ended up being stored in the same box??

"No Mr. Solo, those are too big!"

Very cool. great research everyone! Side note, the pressure suit I think was also on a bounty hunter in esb, the green lizard looking guy with a yellow suit

Has anyone seen any accurate slide viewers that have an all-blue outer casing? In the SW caps the viewers look like they're mostly blue instead of the more common two-tone white/blue viewers that are available. Maybe just a photo/screen trick?..Tough to tell. :unsure

-Carson

I hawked the auctions awhile, and looked at a lot of links, never saw any paterson trident viewer that was just one color.

Last edited:
I hawked the auctions awhile, and looked at a lot of links, never saw any patterson trident viewer that was just one color.

Same on my end!
They might have simply put a coat of the grey/ blueish paint on that is also present on the tie fighters!ß

markus

I have been reliably informed size matters, to the tune of 2.5" / 63.5mm - so I would say the bezel diameter is 63mm for accuracy. Or, at a push, could go to 64mm. The measurement came from a museum piece which has the correct bezels, from the mid to late 1960s, but a raised lens with a squared off top (smaller version in the FYEO Bond pic). But being a museum piece I couldn't really ask to take the object apart for a look around incase of damage. This does raise hopes for finding an actual original as I'v now seen the right size bezel but with 4 or 5 variations of lenses for different purposes.

...and '2001: A Space Odyssey' deliberately has no circular buttons or round lights - giving more emphasis to HAL (I think anyway)

Last edited:

Hey Phil,
any news about your control panel ?
I own now 6 viewers as well and don´t know where to get the damn lights...
thanks

I've finally made headway on the lights, with an eye to doing the parts for the slide viewers.

Lights are coming as you can see below.

I've been working with Blue Realm to actually get stuff done instead of just talking about it.

I have machined masters for the lights and we have bubble free crystal clear lenses, as clear as the TI bubble strips I run for sabers. We haven't tinted them yet, but expect that to just be something we will sort out.

We're working on the base to determine if chroming them makes sense.

They will use a simple bolt for mounting on to any surface, with the bolt drilled to accept a wired LED. Longer bolts for thicker panels, shorter bolts for thinner panels.

As soon as we get this all sorted out, we'll be making them available, but we're actively working on it until it's done.

ds-1.jpg

ds-2.jpg

ds-3.jpg

Btw. full blue Patterson....... in the last weeks/months at least 2 were sold on ebay. Way higher end price than the regular ones.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as I can take them out to replace them ........ no problem. ;)

Or do you plan to include matching nuts?

Btw. full blue Patterson....... in the last weeks/months at least 2 were sold on ebay. Way higher end price than the regular ones.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as I can take them out to replace them ........ no problem. ;)

Or do you plan to include matching nuts?

Definitely will include both. Will ask for panel depth so I can include the correct length bolt.

Having just been dealing with this sort of thing for real-world reasons, I'm going to suggest we spend a while thinking up every make and model available to them in the UK in 1976 and use our Google-fu to search out automotive water pumps. I'm going to continue delving, myself, but I wanted to leave this here to see what it might spark...

--Jonah

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back