Iron Man Bust Build

berodrigues

Hi everyone,

I decided to make myself an Iron Man bust (don't intend to wear it, just as a collectible) and thought it'd be nice to share it with everyone here to get some feedback.

bust1.JPG

bust2.JPG

bust3.JPG

So far the helmet and neck seal are pepped and fiberglassed…the collar is about 90% pepped…there's some small detail missing. I had never pepped/fiberglassed anything in my life, so this is a first (and very fun) project of this kind for me :)

Comments, critique and suggestions are always welcome

ah I've been waiting so long to see someone build that! i used Dancinfools models to make the bust (i'm dubean33). I really want to make the mk 4/6 bust as well

ah I've been waiting so long to see someone build that! i used Dancinfools models to make the bust (i'm dubean33). I really want to make the mk 4/6 bust as well

Hey Dubean,

Yeah, I got this pep from your 4shared account, I think. I'm not going to use your neck, though…I like MK 4/6 better.

I'm a pretty decent modeler in Maya, maybe we can work together to make a Mark 4 bust.

Well…no, actually. That's just the way "Bondo" is here in Brazil… it's a product called "KPO" and I don't think it's exactly what 3M sells elsewhere. But it's close enough.

I'm sanding it right now…taking my time to do it properly.

Wow! That is amazing! Great work on that!!
Quick question: What kind of Bondo is used to cover those? Is is sprayed on or what? Thanks!

Wow! That is amazing! Great work on that!!
Quick question: What kind of Bondo is used to cover those? Is is sprayed on or what? Thanks!

It's a sort of paste that you spread on the surface with an old credit card or something. The texture is the same as the traditional, 3M's Bondo that you probably know.

Since people is starting to like this, here are a couple of shots of the helmet in it's current state:

Photo%20out%2025%2C%203%2052%2006%20PM.jpg

QvfTB1I

Still lots of little areas to fix, but it's coming along quite nicely

Last edited:
Yes, some areas don't connect explicitly, etc. But it's fairly obvious whre they should go.

One thing: the helmet I used is not the one on this file, but is Sharkhead's. You can find it in robo's thread

Oh sweet so starting today thanks guys :thumbsup

what is like the best settings to print you would laugh if you saw my first helmet I made

Last edited:
wow! great bondo skills there :) looking awesome. and if you leave all those scratches on the faceplare and spray it with paint it is going to have an awesome metal effect :D

The metal is something that I'm researching right now. Hopefully the scratchy sanded surface will give that impression.

In the meantime I tested a paint on a spare, non sanded piece I had around. I'm really really pleased with the tone. I'm going for the darker red from the Iron man 1 movie. Here's a shot:

uqdTMO1

Last edited:
ok here are 2 screens one is scale two do I choose yes or no. 3rd as you will see when I built one second is one I purchased one is a wrong scale so id like not to do hours of cutting then bulding to find out I bombed it.. So I totally stop working on them... sorry for cutting in And I hope this will help others as well

will jump off tread moved :) >> http://www.therpf.com/f24/iron-man-bust-build-settings-attempt-99309/#post1419131

Last edited:
ok here are 2 screens one is scale two do I choose yes or no. 3rd as you will see when I built one second is one I purchased one is a wrong scale so id like not to do hours of cutting then bulding to find out I bombed it.. So I totally stop working on them... sorry for cutting in And I hope this will help others as well
You may need to check the "print and paper settings" to see if they match your printer's paper format. A4, Letter, etc. If it needs to be changed, you will need to adjust the parts to fit within the page margins (dotted box around the 2d development window).
Good luck to you :thumbsup

Sanding the neck pieces right now while Bondo on the helmet cures...not too worried about the top of the neck pieces since most of that won't show up.

bb5033a2-d803-412f.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back