Supernatural Props.What Ya Got... 4 Years 2010-2014

Re: Supernatural Props.What Ya Got...

What I would give for a resin replica of the colt!

You know that it's in the process as we speak to make this, right here on theis forum. Got a feeling, it's gonna be pretty nice once finished. :thumbsup Just log in and check out the junkyard on here and you'll see the updates.

I'm currently working on getting an accurate amulet made up and am very keen on Hydin's resin colt project. At the moment I've only got on or two things, my jacket, a SWAT Smithn'Wesson watch used in the pilot and a licenced amulet.

KYSupernatural, what does your accurate lighter look like? I've always wanted to get onre myself. Also I'd really like to see a couple of shots of your jacket.

Wow, I don't ever recall seeing that one. What season was it used? I believe I was thinking of a different lighter, with a black tattoo'esque design last seen in Dark Side of The Moon.

As for the amulet OZ's do look great, however wheels were in motion long before seeing the finished piece. I guess the notion of having a possibly 1 off amulet might be pretty cool in itself.

Be prepared for a lot of headaches and eventual sticker shock.

I had to spend a month and a half calling a half dozen jewelers to find only two that would even try it. And they couldn't actually deliver even a wax casting, much less brass. Apparently the shape of the amulet makes it very difficult to get a clean casting from and we got huge voids in the face every time.

I then had to go online and contacted another 5 or so jewelers and art foundries. Only one of those would try it, and that was with a minimum $500 order.

The trick of it is that the wax casting requires a special kind of pump that most jewelers dont have. The hand pumps they all seem to use are adequate for filling simple rings, but just don't have the force needed to fill all the detail in the face and headress. And on top of that, brass has a far higher melting temperature than gold and is also very toxic, so most of them won't even touch it.

So like I said, get ready for some pain. Cause it's a comin.

Wow, I don't ever recall seeing that one. What season was it used? I believe I was thinking of a different lighter, with a black tattoo'esque design last seen in Dark Side of The Moon.

As for the amulet OZ's do look great, however wheels were in motion long before seeing the finished piece. I guess the notion of having a possibly 1 off amulet might be pretty cool in itself.

was used in at least 2 episodes, one of which is when Dean digs out of his coffin after his been pulled from Hell by Cas, in the earlier seasons. Look when he uses his lighter for light inside the coffin.... (season 4's opening episode) Only lighter I remember seeing in the "dark side of the moon" is an old silver one when Dean sees young Sam and the light fireworks..where was the other one at?

Ah okay, thanks for the heads up Ozy. I've opted to go for a 3D render, so the amulet will be machined out of a solid piece of brass. It is an expensive alternative but I don't plan on making more than 1 amulet, for myself.

KY, I believe that it is the same chrome lighter that you described. It has a black tattoo design on the side of the lighter shell.

yes..the zippo I posted in the above listing is the same one Dean is holding in that screen grab..really wish I could remember the other episode that lighter was used..shows the entire thing..trust me..it's the same...:thumbsup

I believe that the zippo is shown in the episode "Weekend at Bobby's"

Dean is flicking it open over the bones of Crowley, while talking to Crowley on the phone.

I believe that the zippo is shown in the episode "Weekend at Bobby's"

Dean is flicking it open over the bones of Crowley, while talking to Crowley on the phone.

The episode I was talking about actually happened I believe before Dean comes back from Hell...Looks like the one Dean has in The weekend at Bobby's is the cracked black zippo..gotta zoom in and look at the texture.

Black Crackle Matte Zippo Lighter

Well, I know have a 99% screen accurate salt can autographed by Jared and Jensen, a Bible autographed by Misha and a page in my journal (on the Trickster) filled out by Richard Speight Jr. Plus, I gave my awesome replica of Dean's Colt 1911 and screen accurate skull bracelet replica to Jensen as gifts at Nashcon. :-D

what did he say when you gave them to him? Also got any pics of that 1911?

When I told him I wanted him to have it, his exact words were, "... seriously?" He was so surprised and happy. It was awesome. I don't have many pics of it but you can see it a bit here:

257950_637180912531_35001892_34863035_8061398_o.jpg

Nice!! :) That's a great looking collection you have. I love the shotgun, knife and the Colt. No wonder Jensen loved it the Colt! Would love to see more photos of your collection too.....especially those three items :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back