X-Wing Cast from Original Parts

Maybe I should start my own Thread.

I didnt think there was any interest in the PYRO XWING.

I thought everyone was V3 crazy.

With the new refs of pyro showing a better (and original) paintjob than the hero models, that makes people interested in pyro's I guess ! :D

And knowing than the pyro are made from hero castings, it's even more exciting ! :)

Since I was ten when in 1977 I got the official star wars marvel-published souvenir mag with the Hildebrandt picture on the cover, I've been drooling over the table photo of Dykstra fondling that row of X-wings and the famous shot of McCune doing his X-wing paintjob. That makes me seriously interested in pyros! Any casting of a pyro would be a dream come true.

(fist pump!) Beaz is here!

We gots Beaz, excellent new info AND tantalizing talk of possible pyro casts making it to the 'outsider' community. Been a while since the last epic X-wing thread but I'd say this qualifies. :lol

Eh, to rain on the parade, I'm not expecting anyone who owns a good set of pyro castings to drop them in rubber any time soon. It would have happened by now. Who really wants to dent the exclusivity of their piece, right?

It's no problem for me, I mean I'd freakin LOVE a pyro casting with real lineage too, but I'm also *very* happy with my V3s. And all the new bits of detail will be going straight onto mine.

Hey, we need Stu as well. Dude, where are you? Are you done with my V3.0 yet? :)

Thanks to all for the great pics!

Edit: no slight intended to any pyro-cast owners. Also, I *really* don't see any stigma attached to a casting of a casting of a production-used piece. If it's a crime, it's a victimless one, IP issues aside.

Last edited:
Since I was ten when in 1977 I got the official star wars marvel-published souvenir mag with the Hildebrandt picture on the cover, I've been drooling over the table photo of Dykstra fondling that row of X-wings and the famous shot of McCune doing his X-wing paintjob. That makes me seriously interested in pyros! Any casting of a pyro would be a dream come true.

Same here dude!. I was 10 in '77' and got that same magazine, my very first SW publication, still have it & still drool over it lol!.
Ahhh the good old days.
Stu:lol

Same here dude!. I was 10 in '77' and got that same magazine, my very first SW publication, still have it & still drool over it lol!.
Ahhh the good old days.
Stu:lol

Yes, it's gotta be one of the nicest SW publications ever, in that it presented the film as this coming serious cultural phenomenon, as opposed to being the preserve of kids and geeks as it is now. 1977 was wild: your mate's parents, who would not be SF fans at all, would be, like reading the novelisation before the movie came out! And this magazine, as a relic of that period, captures all that completely. The page layout and design is more akin to a quality broadsheet Sunday magazine than to anything aimed at kids or geeks. The original soundtrack album packaging also carried this same sense of weight ( today sadly lacking in most SW product, especially the DVDs).

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back