Energizer Bunny saber - who has pics?

lonepigeon

Master Member
I've been getting a lot of emails recently about the Vader saber in the Profiles in History catalog.
It's claimed to be a ROTJ prop from the collection of Stuart Freeborn.
I don't think this is true. In fact, I'm fairly certain it is a casting from the Energizer Bunny saber. I'm having trouble locating my pics of that particular prop though.
Anyone have Bunny saber pics handy?

"Freeborn"

FreeborneROTJVader_01.jpg

"Energizer"

VaderEnergizerSaber02.jpg

VaderEnergizerSaber06.jpg

VaderEnergizerSaber04.jpg

VaderEnergizerSaber09.jpg

VaderEnergizerSaber12.jpg

I thought the midband looked familiar. It looks like the bit behind the emitter was in place when the casting was made. Here it's resting on the activator or whatever you want to call that part:

VaderEnergizerSaber08.jpg

Thanks! Those were exactly what I was looking for.
I could only find the last control box pic though.

The detail on the top of the control box (or under the emitter shroud) is also on the Barbican Vader saber. The newer sabers may have used castings of the piece from the Barbican. I think that piece is the mating part to the ROTJ Vader Graflex control box greebly.

Joe Maddalena obviously doesn't know what he's talking about at all.
It's actually kind of painful to watch him try and talk about it.

The Bob Burns saber is a much more typical example of a saber built for the movies even though it's very different than other screen used props. It still has the same grips with all the same curves and radiused edges, plus it includes a MPP clamp.

The Profiles saber looks nothing like a screen used prop, but is nearly identical to the Bunny saber. FYI - notice the endcap of the Profiles saber is where the resin was poured. It's the same endcap as the Bunny saber just incomplete - roughly finished and sanded at an angle.

Something's going on there, but I'm not sure what.
It definitely does not look screen used.

While I believe it's true that Stuart Freeborn's pieces have not been questioned it seems like nearly all pieces that come from Kurtz and JJ have been.
Since when was Freeborn's department responsible for props?
It feels like someone is using Freeborn's name to add provenance to the piece.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back