Robotech?

n0x23

I was wondering if anyone has done any Robotech props or costumes?
If so, I would really like to see what you've come up with.

robotech_comic.jpg

southerncrossarmiesxi6.jpg

117035_512x288_generated.jpg

I love Robotech! I borrowed the "Protoculture Collection" from a friend and I've been watching the entire series. I've finished the Macross Saga and I'm just starting Masters.

I thought about making some SDF1 coffee mugs that the bridge crew always uses, but never got around to it.

I'm looking at trying my hand at making a set of ATAC armor from Southern Cross, it will be my first attempt at anything like this so I will definitely have my hands full. And a group of us over at SciFiHero.net have (a stalled) Mospeada ride armor project and there's been people here and there who've attempted Macross & Mospeada ride armor costumes. The best I've seen was this display put on by Harmony Gold (I think) at Anime Expo some years ago.
robotechuniforms.jpg

It all started with Kimba the White Lion, then the original Speed Racer on channel 56, then onto Battle of the Plants and finally Robotech, sprinkled with a little Megazone 23, basically anything designed by Haruhiko Mikimoto.

I've got the entire Re-mastered trilogy and my brother just gave me the original, Genesis Climber MOSPEADA (New Genration), with subtitles and all.

While I still love Robotech, the original series are sooo much better.

I'm looking at trying my hand at making a set of ATAC armor from Southern Cross, it will be my first attempt at anything like this so I will definitely have my hands full. And a group of us over at SciFiHero.net have (a stalled) Mospeada ride armor project and there's been people here and there who've attempted Macross & Mospeada ride armor costumes. The best I've seen was this display put on by Harmony Gold (I think) at Anime Expo some years ago.
robotechuniforms.jpg

I would imagine that it would be very difficult to accurately reproduce the costumes, you can't look at a screen shot and say, oh, that's a Rayon, or that's a cotton twill, it seems like one would have to know the inherent characteristics of the fabric to match it up.

Also, trying to accurately reproduce the colors from animation to the real world would be rather difficult as well.

been a fan of robotech ever since I saw it many years ago..toys , videos , etc. been collecting the voice actors of the series as well. Like to have some mech heads and the helmets . I think someone posted a paper helmet

There was a pretty nice Veritech helmet making the rounds on eBay a few years ago, but for some reason it didn't sell very well, and the maker seems to have gotten discouraged. :(

-Sarge

There was a pretty nice Veritech helmet making the rounds on eBay a few years ago, but for some reason it didn't sell very well, and the maker seems to have gotten discouraged. :(

-Sarge

This one is more true to the original Macross...

Macross_Helmet_Three_Quarter_by_Lor.png

But then I started looking around and found these from the Macross movie, which look really cool! :thumbsup

3470232881_1e310fb64b_o.jpg

3471048090_f914d08007_o.jpg

3510461130_4d25e5371b_b.jpg

photo_005.jpg

3470232869_285493456f.jpg

I'd love to do the pistol Scott Bernard has. Almost did a couple times. It would look good with "MARS BASE" laser engraved on the side. Its simple and I think it would go over well. Just the one problem kept me from doing it.

That still doesn't exactly answer the question of what you mean by that you have half of the cast or that you collect the cast. Do you mean you have their autographs or that you physically own the voice actors and have them living with you in your house?

I really hope you are kidding...

if not ..autographs...( shaking head)

I'd love to do the pistol Scott Bernard has. Almost did a couple times. It would look good with "MARS BASE" laser engraved on the side. Its simple and I think it would go over well. Just the one problem kept me from doing it.

What was the one problem that kept you from doing it?

attachment.jpg

sfhpgun1.jpg

mospeada3-1.jpg

I would really like to see someone build some Southern Cross Battle armor, I think it looks very Stormtrooperish, with a Samurai/ Roman influence.

gmp-1.gif

tc-2.gif

314985.jpg

I also think the Bioroid Terminators looks awesome as well...

suits.jpg

Same as always, recasters.

It's a shame since it would be easy to fabricate.

None of the illustrations match which is to be expected from animation.

i wouldn't let that hold you back , make 25 of them and put tells in and call it a day. With your work , a recaster would never reach your caliber

Same as always, recasters.

It's a shame since it would be easy to fabricate.

None of the illustrations match which is to be expected from animation.

Oh, yea, I see, that sucks.

The fan-boys would have a Pepakura file index before you even finished the damn thing. :unsure

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back