Robotech?

I would really like to see someone build some Southern Cross Battle armor, I think it looks very Stormtrooperish, with a Samurai/ Roman influence.

314985.jpg

I also think the Bioroid Terminators looks awesome as well...

suits.jpg

Southern Cross has always been one of my favorites and for my first major costume/prop project I'm planning on doing the ATAC armor. I plan on doing the officer version which is what Dana wore except that mine will be blue (which all of the male ATAC armor is) instead of red & pink. The trickiest part, aside from actually trying to sculpt it, is deciding what to do the shoulder armor in and how to attach it since in some of the scenes it seems to flexible or at least attached loosely enough that it moves with your arms.

The trickiest part, aside from actually trying to sculpt it, is deciding what to do the shoulder armor in and how to attach it since in some of the scenes it seems to flexible or at least attached loosely enough that it moves with your arms.
I seem to recall it being stationary, but now that I think about it, one of the first episodes when they first successfully attacked the Robotech Master's downed ship, Dana stands up in her Hover Tank and does the ever-so-popular, Japanamation fist in the air thrust and the shoulder bells did move with her arm.

make 25 of them and put tells in and call it a day.
It only takes one copy for a recaster to make his mold. Tells don't stop them making their molds.

With your work , a recaster would never reach your caliber
Your statement here supports my point.
Not being able to reach a certain caliber makes them a recast.

:unsure

But pleeease, lets not turn this happy thread into another recast discussion. I'm sorry I said it. I don't want to derail n0x23 thread.

Those helmets are freakin' gorgeous!

I seem to recall it being stationary, but now that I think about it, one of the first episodes when they first successfully attacked the Robotech Master's downed ship, Dana stands up in her Hover Tank and does the ever-so-popular, Japanamation fist in the air thrust and the shoulder bells did move with her arm.

Yea, at first glance they seem like that at most they'd just move up and down but in some scenes you can clearly see that they move back and forth too. This begs the question of what to make it out of and how to attach it to the armor although I'm thinking that I can make it out of whatever I choose to make the rest of the armor out of and just attach it so that it can move around fairly freely. On the other hand I might make it out of something flexible and attach it loosely too, what do you all think?

Pvt_2nd_Sean_Phillips_14_large.jpg

41battle23.jpg

38intobattle5.jpg

So I'm thinking, "Yeah, I used to like Robotech, I got a Miriya tattoo, I'll check out this thread," and it's cool, and...

...yama hama...

those helmets!!!!

If anyone needs something scanned from ANY of the Robotech RPG books, let me know, I believe I have all of them.

Not sure of the details of the build.
I posted some drawings I did of an Invid Shock Trooper and he thought it would be cool to make a costume so he would have something to fight.

Scot

Very cool. :thumbsup

Is he on Weta legs, or something similar?
What are the tires made of ?
Is the helmet his own design, or is it a variation from the original series?

I read there are making a live action Robotech...Anyone got any info on this ?

Aside from the fact that it's being produced by Toby Macguire's production company and that he may or may not play Rick I haven't heard anything else since it was first announced.

Last I heard they planned to have hanna montana as Minmay.:sick:thumbsdown

What?! :confused

Why do they do crap like that?
They do realize that Minmei is 15 and Chinese, right?

Who are they going to get to play Roy Fokker...Brad Pitt?....oh, no, wait...that would work.

Well, if they can do Speed Racer on Mescaline, anything's possible. :unsure

They should get Shaquille O'Neal to play Dolza....

lord_dolza.gif

....and Sam Elliott to play Captain Henry Gloval.

gloval1.jpg

I'd have to think about the other ones....

A resource for plans, comparative sizes, etc is the gaming supplement from the Robotech RPGs. Tons of photos, plans, size comparisons, etc. The photo earlier of the pistol system is from that book if I remember properly.

OhioAstromech
Sting would have been a cool choice for Kyron if they did it 30 years ago.
That's a good one.

How about Halle Berry as Claudia Grant?

GIM_423_2_742.jpg

....and either Seth Rogen or Sean Astin as Ben Dixon....

300px-Robotech-Ben_dixon.jpg

Dakarn
A resource for plans, comparative sizes, etc is the gaming supplement from the Robotech RPGs. Tons of photos, plans, size comparisons, etc. The photo earlier of the pistol system is from that book if I remember properly.
I picked up a book years ago called Robotech Art 1, put out by Donning, it covers the entire series and has alot of great reference in there as well.

If this ever does go in to production and they make it a Kid's movie it will undoubtedly flop.

They should know that their target demographic is at least 25-30+ yrs. old.

"They" can't seem to get it through their thick skulls that just because it's animated, doesn't mean it's a Cartoon!

That being said....how about Steve Buscemi as Exodore?

steve-buscemi-ugly1.jpg

Exsedol_Folmo.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back