MR Rebel Blaster Disassembly

Clutch

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here are the steps involved in cracking open a Master Replicas Rebel Blaster. These photos are post-repaint/redo.

First take out the large hex bolt in the grip.
01z.jpg

Then you will need to knock this bolt out from the un-slotted side. Mine just falls out now.
02z.jpg

Take the grip off and the trigger assembly should slide out. Remove the silicone inside. Knock out the pin holding the trigger in place and drill a hole further back for it.
03z.jpg

Grind the edges of the top of the trigger off and drill a hole in the top back. Loop a paperclip through the hole and attach a spring. Attach the other end of the spring to the pin you just removed.
04z.jpg

Unscrew the aluminum barrel from the receiver. To remove the orange cap in the barrel, drill into it and pull it out like a cork.
05z.jpg

Unscrew the screw holding the bolt in place and it should slide out the front. Note this is a replacement screw I used. The original is smaller.
06z.jpg

This plastic piece is screwed on from the inside of the receiver. There is a pin as well that is either glued or melted you will have to break free.
07z.jpg

After removing the scope rings, unscrew the scope rail.
08z.jpg

Unscrew the larger scope rail. The front 'sight' has pins in it, but is not glued to the receiver. It should fall off.
09z.jpg

The rear sights are glued, but they are easy to snap off if you so desire.
10z.jpg

These plastic bits should pop off. Be careful, they are fragile.
11z.jpg

The greeblies on the scope rail are pinned to it and the pins are melted from the inside. This is what happened when I tried to pop one off.
12z.jpg

The scope rings are wonky. The pins are glued to the lower ring half and the thumbscrews are screwed in, but glued as well. You will have to use some force to unscrew them.
13z.jpg

The upper ring halves have a big pin in them to keep the scope from rotating. I plan on grinding these off.
14z.jpg

Last edited:
Taking things part is easy...can't wait till you try to reassemble it.....(evil laugh)....MUUUUUAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHA!!

Just figured out I missed two screws on the rail, so that's solved. Now, what about the bolt and trigger assembly? :)

I might not put it back together now.

Of course, when I make a new thread, I start to figure it out. One part removal leads to another which leads to another...

Someone posted a how-to a while back, but it is now gone.

I managed to get the trigger 'working' but it will need some modification.

Pry the globs of glue out first. Remove the pin at (A). Wala! Moving trigger.

However, the front and rear edge of the trigger will clear the trigger frame (B) and hit the receiver tube now, so you either need to cut those edges down or cut a slot in the receiver.

You will also need to figure out how to attach a spring to the trigger and anchor it somewhere so that it pulls the trigger back into place once pulled.

rebelblastertrigger1z.jpg

Last edited:
Because I can. Lol! Actually, I thought the scope/rings would look better on my Nostromo pistol, so I took them off. Then I started thinking that I could accurize and weather the rebel blaster itself. That way I would actually feel some kind of a connection to it and keep it from getting put back into storage.

Apparently, there isn't a lot of interest in this blaster because I can't find reference material anywhere.

Clutch, I like the part where you admite you were missing a few screws .So dose that mean you now have a few screws loose? See you at Lunch.
Dex

strange it almost seems like they were going to have the trigger move but then said the hell with it and just stuck that pin in...

Maybe a Sterling magwell and short mag, etc.

DH17_3.jpg

This one's made out of a demilled Sterling, but you can see how some parts might work on the MR version.

I made the trigger move on my MR Stormtrooper blaster. I popped out the glue chunks, filed down the top of the trigger a bit so it wouldn't hit the inside of the blaster frame and would move freely, and then took the pin that was removed and drilled a hole to fit it near the back of the silver frame of the trigger piece. I made a triangle of wire out of a paper clip, drilled a small hole to slide it through the back of the trigger, and then put a spring (from Ace Hardware) through that and pulled it taught and slid the pin through it and voila, a moving trigger with spring tension. Pretty easy to do.

Sweet! Thank you. I figured it wouldn't take much.

I have just been comparing this to the real deal and I am pretty impressed. The tube is pretty much spot-on in diameter. My real bolt fit in it with no problem. The end cap is identical to the real deal. The grip is the exact same size. The cut-outs are the same size and shape as the production casting. Surface details look close to the production casting as well.

Now for the crap part. A real trigger assembly will not fit in the MR frame. It is approx. 1/16th too narrow. I don't know if I could spread the frame a bit or not. Didn't want to risk it. With the trigger mod, it will be exactly like the real deal anyway.

No matter how you slice it though, this will still be an idealized blaster.

I don't suppose anybody recognizes those scope rings? :)

rebelblaster005z.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back