Need advice-EFX Red Five

mikenice232

Need some advice guys, just bought an EFX Red Five off of Ebay. It was brand new in the box never opened. After I unpacked it(carefully) and placed it on the stand and plugged in the power supply NOTHING. I checked the connection but I cant really see anything else to check. Anyone else had this problem? Hoping its something easy that I overlooked. Thanks Mike:cry

Sounds like a bad switch. Maybe EFX will send a new base. That should fix the problem. just as a precaution, check to see if there are even LEDs in the engine pods and under R2.

Are you sure you have a complete connection at the base? The first time I put mine on the base I thought I did, tested it before actually putting it on the post (which worked), then after putting it on the base I had nothing. After I checked I realized that I didn't have a complete connection and that it had separated a tiny bit upon pushing it down into the base.

I stood up the Red Five and plugged it in w/o pushing it into the base and nothing. I have tried to call EFX but just voicemail right now. Will let you know if I get the engines to fire up. Thanks

Well I found out whats wrong. I took off the seat(one screw) because I heard something moving around when I stood it on end . Underneathh the seat is the circuit board for the lights. It looks like something has snapped off. Maybe it was'nt soldered on too good and bouncing around during shipping snapped it off. I am going to try and speak with someone at EFX.(so far only voicemail)

Very cool of eFX. Also...way easier than replacing the entire X-wing =)

How hard was it to actually get that board out and replace it? Looks like you just had to unplug the old one and pop in the new one.

its just a little tight getting the plugs on and off for each light. I think there's about five of them. I used tweezers and just took my time putting them back onto the new board.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back