WarHammer 40K working Chain Sword

wondersquid

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was commissioned to make a working chain sword. I had no idea what it was, so I did the crash course in Warhammer weapons. Apparently there are chain sword replicas and props, but none that have a working chain. So naturally, this is where I started. I copied a pattern of a real chain saw blade and modified it for my own links, then made masters and created silicone gang molds of the links, the teeth, and the inner drive links. I've been pouring like crazy, I figure I need about 180 sets of links for one chain. The teeth will be a soft rubber so no one can hurt themselves. (hopefully):angel next up the chain assembly and the center guide!

This.

I don't play warhammer, but theres always something fun about excessive over the top weapons with gratuitous use of skull imagery slapped onto em for perceived "badass effect"

Looking forward to seeing updates!

Looking forward to seeing this develope. Have seen a good few posts of people who would like to do this weapon, myself include. Good luck!

Subscribed - definitely want to see how this develops. I'm a Warhammer 40k player and seeing the weapons being built is very neat.

so nice! look forward to watching this build... And shamlessly stealing ideas as i build my chaos chainsword :D

What rubber are you using for the spikes?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back