G'day!

I am a University student from New Zealand currently studying Media Design. I am an aspiring content creator for film and virtual reality. I have a passion for sculpting both digitally and traditionally, painting, model making, molding, and casting. I am interested in all aspects of practical and digital effects and enjoying trying as many new things as I can.

I have been reading the RPF for a long time now but decided its about time I join so I can get some feedback on my work and participate in some of the amazing discussions.
Cheers!

Hello RPF Folks! I'm helping my daughter start a small business, & we are trying to learn some techniques to ensure predictable, quality products. We are simply making small clear polyester resin castings with various items set in the middle as if they are floating i.e. coin sized objects, antique skeleton keys, etc. The molds we are using are an average size of 2"x4"x2",some racquetball sized spheres, and smaller cubes/rectangle molds. So the items are all small..nothing too fancy that's for sure. We've learned a lot in a short time, & we just bought a pressure pot this week which we are still getting the hang of. Anyway, I'll be hitting up you experts for some advice soon, & I do appreciate everyone's consideration i advance!

Warm regards,

Danny

Hi All,
Quick intro as requested.
Traditional Episode IV Stormie living in Norwich, Norfolk England but originally from London.
Part of the Norwich Star Wars Club which is a Non-501st affiliated Club raising money for local charities across Norfolk and beyond.
I’ve been a Star Wars fan since the First Film and was lucky enough to find a Wife who suggested we both wore white at our wedding. She wore a Beautiful dress, I wore my Armour.
I found this site while looking for some advice on a First Order Armour build. I’m really an Episode IV Traditionalist but I have the odd Urge to branch out.
I’m a fan of most Sci-Fi, Love the Alien Franchise (especially Aliens), and look forward to making new friends across the world.

Hey All,

Name's Celeste, based out of beautiful Seattle, Washington, and I've been cosplaying off and on for the past 7 years or so, but I've just gotten back into it after a few years hiatus. I'm only starting to really get into foam builds and armor, which I'm quite excited about. I do a lot of theatrical makeup (zombies/wounds/ftm), but unless I want to go into full body painting I'll have to actually do some real work to get my next costume plans on the road.

I've got a day job and moonlight as a freelance illustrator, because art just doesn't pay yet. Eh, I'll find those mythical clients who will pay well and pay on time, I'm sure they exist... somewhere.

Anyhoo, here are a few shots of my old costumes.
17951522_10155219568429322_2916417288588274696_n.jpg1916944_119103769204_1990260_n.jpg1930683_46562864204_5860_n.jpg17883936_10154560689414205_7851112498945234569_n.jpg252299_10150189174729205_3858355_n.jpg

And for the comedic value:
17884422_10154560241984205_1895333758823644726_n.jpg

Nice to meet you all.

Last edited:
Hi all, I am glad I found this site and hopefully someone can help me. I will be posting my question in the Prop Section.
I am a huge movie lover especially Sci-Fi and Horror. I do Graphic Arts / Prepress for a living and I vape and just generally hang out. I live down here in Georgia and yeah it sucks!

anyway... Hello All!

Hi RPFers, I have been looking at some of the fantastic work on here for some time and thought I would post some of the projects I have undertaken for my son who is a big Doctor Who fan. I hope to be posting some of the builds on here, but here are a few pictures of the latest project, Matt Smith's Tardis.
DSCN3445.JPGIMG_20170420_193833.jpgIMG_20170420_193744.jpgIMG_20170420_193859.jpg

I hope you like them and look forward to interacting on the site.
Catch you later, Rob.

Hello RPF!

My name is Bethany and I am just starting to learn about the many different aspects of making props and related cosplay pieces. I am a Technical Director in theatre the majority of the time and when I am not doing that I am either trying to teach myself more about cosplay and that world or watching the TV/Movies/Comics they are based in.

I am currently watching tutorials by Bill Doran over at Punished Props and or Ted at EvilTedSmith. I have found them both to be super helpful and I am excited to find more sources to expand my growing knowledge base. I found the RPF by watching a Tested video the other day and was beyond excited! Now I get to dig around in here and see what I can find. I am just exploring the basics of EVA foam and Molding and Casting. My next step in Molding/Casting is to make a 2 part mold. I tried once...lets just say it did not work out very well. But time to try again.

As a Technical Director I pretty much prototype for a living just on a larger scale. I am always open to new suggestions and techniques.

Thanks,

~Bethany

Hello everyone! After lurking for quite some time I am finally here. Looking to acquire as many skills as possible. See you all around.

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hi I've been lurking here for awhile now, I've seen some amazing work done here. I just finished a cheap Rubies DL44 blaster project and I think I found a new obsession!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi I've been lurking here for awhile now, I've seen some amazing work done here. I just finished a cheap Rubies DL44 blaster project and I think I found a new obsession!

Hi I am a model builder and have been for a very long time. I joined here so I can learn how to do sci if models and have them turn out right. I hope to talk to all of you

Hey Guys, my name is Ciaran i'm a student from Dublin, Ireland studying in my third year of four in a BA Honours degree course of 3-Dimensional Design, Modelmaking and Digital Art. I am a massive fan of props and very excited to learn from so many people and hopefully share my work also.
Cheers :)

Hi Folks,

Kevin from Calgary, AB. I have a smallish but growing collection of sci-fi movie/game firearms and looking to continue collecting and try some builds myself.

Cheers from Canada.

Hi,

I am Lars from Germany. I am fairly new to cosplay. My first project was a No-Face from spirited away. My next big project will be a Totoro costume, doing some smaller stuff alongside (first will be Heen, the dog from "Howl's Moving Castle" as a hand puppet, trying out some technics like knotting and hair punching that i want to use for Totoro ) .

Hi there, I've lurked occasionally in order to glean advice on some projects, and figured I should probably register and perhaps contribute. One day I'll have a project to share, one day.

Ahoy!

I'm a film editor and I live in London, and I've been obsessed with props for a long time. I always liked merchandising, but I always liked more the kind of merchandising that looks real, like the actual prop of a film. I found a towel on Etsy that looked like the magic carpet from Aladdin, and thought how cool would it be to have an actual carpet that looked like that one, so searching on Google I ended up here. I am truly happy to have found more people so into this!

Hello. My name is Joshua Aites. I live in Panama City, Florida 32404.

I am a 28 year old SolidWorks Drafter intern and college student whom will graduate later this year with two associate degrees. The first being in Drafting and Design, the other in Digital Manufacturing Processes.

I am currently undertaking a Star Wars related project by creating a complete Jedi character. This includes backstory, cosplay costume, custom light saber, and ultimately the build of my own Astromech droid unit. I am a member of the R2 Builders Club and go by the same name of TR1GG3RSW1TCH on there.

I'm posting on therpf.com because a particular moderator has taken an unhealthy interest in me on the astromech.net forum and temporarily banned me from the site. So, I'm hoping to create a thread about my build here and plan to give regular updates as I make progress on the project.

My build log can be found here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=276337

Last edited:
hai guys! my name's marc and i'm a comic fan! i love superheroes and im crazy into iron man...i did an iron man suit sculpture ands decided to broaden my horizon by joining therpf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=purpleyeveryone! My name is Lee, I live in a little town no-one has heard of in the beautiful Adelaide Hills area of South Australia. I am a 46YO father of twin 4YO
Hello, my name is Todd & im logging in to research a specific Star Trek prop

Star Trek TOS cage- Scintillator- Geiger counter
Or a radiation detector

I think it was used in episode 37, I just found an actual vintage model sold in the 50's retail at over $400. It has the pistol grip handle and is completely chromed. So cool

Thanks

Todd

Hey everyone!
My names Alex and I am a HUGE Doctor Who addict and I was brought here in hopes of finding a professional that could be paid to build me a replica sonic screwdriver! I absolutely love the community here already and am looking forward to my stay! Thank you for being so welcoming!!

-Alex (USA)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back