Hello,

My name is Matt. I am 31 and reside in Ontario, Canada. I have always had a love for movies, games and things like that. Recently I have started to dive in to making my own prop EVA weapons and armor. I am very new to all of it so I look forward to meeting all of you and learning and sharing.
I am currently in the midst of making a full scale LionHeart sword from Final Fantasy 8, When I get a bit further on I will share some photos and such.

Anyway I am very glad to be here and hope to speak with you all very soon!

Hi everyone,

My names Jack and I'm 32, living near Derby in the UK. I started cosplaying 2 years ago and due to having a limited budget for the hobby I make almost everything from scratch myself, so I've visited here quite a lot for help. I started making costumes and props from the Tomb Raider series as I'm a major fan of the series and I attended lots of events for the 20th anniversary last year, but I'm now that's all over I'm beginning to branch out into other projects. Now I've gotten a few things finished I thought it was about time I signed up myself and shared my projects with the rest of the world!

See you all out there!

My name is Ralph and I have great admiration for the craftsmanship involved in these endeavors and the confidence to model the results. Thank you for being here.

Howdy everyone! Found this site by stumbling across the fantastic working replica Sandman Gun Rylo produced a while back. Big fan of the Logan's Run movie and sci-fi in general, and honestly i have no idea why it took so long for me to find this site. Lots of great stuff here!

Hey there guys!

My name is Sam and i am from Sydney, Australia!
Im here basically because i love the amount of effort people put in to making replicas as best they can!
Im also on the hunt for an up to date replica Superman chest emblem. If anyone makes them or knows a reliable source who does please let me know!

Thanks and all the best
Sam :)

My name is Ryan from Tucson, Arizona.
Just getting started out with replica builds. Currently run and operate my own Etsy business where I make wood wand displays to showcase the Noble collections wands that you can buy at Universal Studios.

My first project (half way done) is to recreate the famous Jurassic Park cane. I already have a great looking amber "egg" with a crane fly suspended in resin. On to the wood cane sculpt!
Inspired by Adam Savage's obsession with box builds over on the Tested.com page, my next project will most likely be to recreate Newt Scamander's suitcase from the new films.

We'll see you in the forums!
Ryan

Hi I'm Tony from Venice(Italy) I'm looking for tutorial photo or other of the stormtrooper armour and weapons, I've an old storm by FX but I'm try to sell this and buy a new Troopermaster armour

Hello all - I've been making and sharing patterns for costume on fansites and forums for a bit- starting off with Lord of the Rings movies (would have been awesome if FIDM had let me take photos back then) and moving onto the Star Wars prequel trilogy as it came out. Currently continuing onward through movie and some tv costumes always trying to pick up new techniques or skills. Happy to be a new member of this great community.

Forgive me if this comes up twice, I could swear I posted earlier but nothing's showing up under my account history.

I'm new to the whole prop scene, but I figured this is the best place to start! I'm a 33 year old man who has decided to give cosplay a shot, hopefully I'll be able to give back to the community while I learn from you all.

Hello all,

Was a member of the 501st, but went inactive around 10 years ago. Just starting to get back into the prop thing. Have many projects that need finished.

David

WAZZ UP! I'm Ross, nicknamed NawtyPotato due to my sensational Youtube channel. I make props and other things that interest me like knives and such. I like to experiment with all different types of materials. My two favorite tools for making things are my dremel and angle grinder. I have made props from different video games and movies. One of my favorite games to make replicas from is the Fallout franchise. I also have made things from Left 4 Dead 2, Steampunk weapons, Skyrim, etc. My favorite things to make props from or inspire them off of, is Steampunk and post-apocalyptic things (like Fallout). Here's some pictures of props I have made:

YOU'RE NEXT (movie) COSTUME Nuka Cola Quantum Pip Boy 3000 (Fallout) Left 4 Dead 2 submachine gun

photo (2).JPG Cafafafafafpture.JPG Capture.JPG Capgasdhgasdhahture.JPG

random wooden gun prop *Working* Radiation King Radio (Fallout) Stimpack (Fallout) Jet (Fallout)
Cadrftyupture.JPG fadsfasdgagre.JPG Capasdfsdgsadgture.JPG Cagdfgdfpture.JPG

Buffout (Fallout)
Capahature.JPG

Hey everyone, my name's Jay, 19 years old. I'm into comics, tv, video games, etc. Pretty much anything nerdy. I'm interested in getting started in cosplay, but haven't had the time or knowledge to start, so I figured joining the RPF would be a good place to start.

Hello all! I have been lurking here from some years and finally took the plunge. I am grateful for a place like this that encourages collaboration. I hope to gain from such wisdom (K-2SO build) :)

Hello all! I have been lurking here from some years and finally took the plunge. I am grateful for a place like this that encourages collaboration. I hope to gain from such wisdom (K-2SO build) :)

DUDE! I saw you at Athens Con!! I was at the Art of Sin table with the 1st order Storm Trooper helmet. Καλωσήρθες στο RPF... :D

Greetings everyone! My name is Lee, I live in a little town no-one has heard of in the beautiful Adelaide Hills area of South Australia. I am a 46YO father of twin 4YO boys and now that life is starting to calm down a little - well, at least they go to Kindy 3 days a week now - I hope to find more (read: any) time for my hobbies. For serveral years I have been building a substantial collection of model kits which I'd like to make a dent in before I die! :) My wall(s) of shame consists mostly of sci-fi, a lot of which is Star Wars, and mostly of styrene. All of those are in the 'To Be Built' list. I also have a good number of vinyl kits but only some are to be built. Most of my vinyl is in the form of my collection of Screamin' kits. I stumbled upon one years ago and found I just loved everything about them so now I'm trying to collect all of them. No easy task when one lives downunder as not a lot has come this far and there's quite a few to get. I reckon I'm about half way there so far. 1/4 scale Bobba Fett & Tusken Raider kits are on their way to me as I type! :) I also have a few resin kits which I am really keen to get into soonish but I have never touched a resin kit before so I am a bit nervous. I have a Salzo X-Wing (V2 I think), a Replicas Unlimited 23inch Eagle, SMT Snow Speeder (the only SMT kit I've ever been able to afford!) and some others. One of my long term goals is to build a 1:1 R2-D2 but's way down the track for me. I have been lurking here on & off for a few years because this sems like the best place to get good info from good people. Anytime I google for info on a kit, manufacturer, etc I always get linked to this forum so finally I have decided to join up to give you all the benefit of my expertise. *facepalm* Cheers, Lee

Hey Everyone!

My name is Paul, and I'm a Mechanical Engineering student at Notre Dame. I recently started doing some work on a BB-8 as a part of the BB-8 Builders Club, but it is a slow process that I don't know when I'll finish. I really love making stuff, and I've worked on some FIRST robots as well as furniture and other stuff around the house. However, I want to get into propmaking and replica building, which is what brought me here. I'm a big fan of Tested, which is how I found this in the first place. I have a few projects I want to take on, including a K-2SO head, a Star Trek TOS Captain's Chair, and at some point a lightsaber of my own design, if I can ever figure out what I want. I have lots of shop tools and a 3D printer, but eventually I want to get my own lathe and mill so I can make that lightsaber out of aluminum. I already know how to use a mill/lathe/router etc through my experiences with FIRST and as an engineer, but I don't have one I can readily use for personal stuff just yet. That's about it for me, I loo forward to being a part of the RPF and joining the awesome maker community here!

Hey guys!

I've been painting and selling Nerf/Water guns for about a year now. I found this site through Tested on youtube. I've recently invested in all the tools and foam to begin armor crafting. I'm thinking about purchasing Bill Durans books. But before I do I was wondering if anyone would be willing to donate some quick and dirty patterns so I could get some Practice.

Thank you all in advance!

Hi All,

I've just started getting into making props and costumes. Watched a lot of Adam Savage's and Punished Props' videos. I've been painting and customising a bunch of toy guns over the last few weeks (most recent one below). Planning to start on some foam replicas of Dredd's lawgiver and some of the rifles from Borderlands next.

nerf-scout-close.jpg

Hallo!

I've been browsing the site for a while now. Thought I could get some help with some builds i'm doing.
I'm going to school for marketing (associates) and then onto my bachelors for Costume Technology. Soooooo, the past couple of months i've been self teaching myself techniques and now i'm stuck. So here I am!

Peryton

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back