Hi all, I'm a painter and mixed media artist. I made a couple of wands and wand boxes for a friend's kids who are both really into Harry Potter. Another friend, who works in film doing props and stuff, said the wands/boxes looked like they looked exactly like they could be in a movie and suggested I join this forum. I really like smallish, super detailed, projects I can work on in between finishing my current collection.

Hi,
Long time lurker, but have only just joined. In the past I've been able to find a bunch of useful info (without having to say anything), but this time wanted to join in on a group buy.
I've modified toy guns (to better resemble the ones used by on screen heroes) as a kid and have progressed to actually making my own firearms recently...
Anywaze, I look fwd to contributing (if there's any info or insight I might be able to share).

Hello.
My name is Lars and I live in Sweden. I'm building a full aluminium R2D2 and a StormTrooper. As you understand I am a huge Star Wars fan.
I really looking forward to share my build with anybody interested and also to learn from you guys. My next project will be a full size Yoda.
A link to my R2 build is here : R2D2 Made in Sweden
Thanks.

Hi, everyone.

I'm Derek from Port Huron, MI. I'm not a builder (especially at the level I've seen on here over the past month of lurking--WOW...), but I've made a few things out of found objects and dollar store items, as well as some duct tape crafting. (My personal favorite is my pirate hat.) I've also had a life-long fascination with movie effects, particularly modelmaking, and so I came here after a recommendation from a friend on Facebook. I look forward to sifting through the amazing builds on here, and maybe even trying my luck with something myself one day.

Hey everyone,
I just finished my first semester of college and over the course of that semester shifted from wanting to major in environmental studies to doing something where I can make stuff. I've been interested in making things my whole life but just now do I feel a real draw towards it. I found this forum from the Adam Savage podcast and was thrilled that there is a community interested in making props from movies, I've always watched movies and though how cool it would be to have the things I'm seeing on the screen(props and costumes). I love seeing all the amazing stuff you are making and hope to improve my skills with the help of this forum.

Thanks for everything to come,
Jack Ohrman

Hello! I'm Valerie from Lancaster, Ky. I'm a stay-at-home mom with a 5 yr. old daughter, a 15 yr. old stepson and a 23 yr. old son.
I've been a long time lurker but haven't posted before. I found this site while looking for Harry Potter crafts ideas and help for a swap I took part in. I'm a crafty person by nature and this site gives me plenty of inspiration. I've made a replica of Bellatrix Lestrange's bird skull pendant and her dress for a Halloween costume, also cosplayed Moaning Myrtle for the last book release party, crocheted several HP scarves, and crafted quite a few HP themed jewelry items.

hey everyone my name is Jason and i am new to prop building and cosplay in general. I am wanting to make something for halloween next year as well as just to have some fun. I would be very interested in any information or video chats with some people who are more experienced as doing this. Im starting with pepakura for the most part but the few i have started with i cant seem to get built due to not lining up correctly. Well anyway thanks and hope to get to know more of you better soon.

Hi Everyone my names Andrew and I am a machinist by trade. I am currently looking at building a DL44 and a blade runner gun but it is extremely hard to get source material here in OZ. I was put on to this site after watching some of Adam Savage's videos on the tested channel. Before you ask I do have some source material for the dodo and maltese falcon. I have built a master chief from Halo 3 and currently doing the halo 4 version with pepakura. I will post photos once I get a brand new digital camera. Thanks everyone and hope to get to know you all real soon.

Hello one and all, been signed up for a while but first time posting. Been playing around with pepakura at the mo, in early stages, just mucking around, looking at creating a halloween costume for next yr (2014). Liking the whole prop armour, skyrim, mortal kombat etc. hopefully will make some pieces, currently making a 'noob saibot' mask, along with deadric armor from skyrim and batmans cowl. Like i said ealry stages will try and load some pics soon, but just been wondering are there any 'Infinity Blade 1,2 or 3 pep files out there, i've had a cursory look but can only find 2. no full sets of armour. Is this because its apple and they wont allow (its nie on impossible to rip the meshes???) of the models or no one has done any yet. It would be a long time in the future but just wondered if there were any out there. Cheers

Hello world!

I'm Davide, from Italy. I was looking on the web to find some cool pepakura and I found this community.
I've never made a replica myself so this will be the first time for me. The project I'm going to do is a replica costume of "Nightwing"; my own tactical version.

I hope you all could give me your support and advice.

Hi everyone, my name is Paul and from the UK. I have been a member for a while now watching various threads and totally in awe at what people have created. Seems like every thread I read add's a new project to my mental list of cool stuff to one day do. For now though I'll stick to my first love full size Star Wars replicas. I have been getting the hang of pepakura lately, and now feel ready to do my first proper pep build to add to my man cave. Looking forward to playing a bigger part in this great community and making some new friends along the way.

Hi folks! I'm Gillian (pronounced with a hard G, like the gills on a fish), I'm female, I'm short, and I'm from snowy Michigan in the US. I've loved prop and costume building since I was small, and can't believe I only JUST found this place. It's almost embarrassing that it took me this long. Anywho, I went to school for special effects makeup, and have been doing freelance art and stuff like that along with a boring job to pay the bills, but art and design and building is my one true love. I'm planning on doing some Marvel stuff in the near future, like a Loki costume and a Winter Soldier arm, stuff that I'm sure everyone's done before, but I want to try my own hand at.

I'm really looking forward to learning and sharing with this community!

Hey everybody, I'm James and I'm from California. I've started getting into propmaking so after spending most of my time on instructables I decided to look on other sites from google searches and this was on the first page. Boy am I glad I found this place, it is filled with amazing creations and equally amazing people who make props or costumes. I hope I can produce something worthy of posting here one day!

Hello peeps,

My name is Randy and I am in La Mesa, California...

I built this phaser some time ago...

It's my first try at building from scratch... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388345402.463349.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1388345424.648435.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1388345462.098500.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1388345489.015898.jpg

Sent from my Super-iPad using Tapatalk

Hey folks!

Name's Raziroth. I'm a Colorado native who's really invested into musical theatre. That's really where my love of costuming began. Big fan of sci fi/fantasy, comics, games and musicals (duh). Small time cosplayer, hoping to branch out and become...not...small time. Looking forward to working with you all! :D

Hello! I've been using the RPF for quite some time now, for my own nefarious geeky builds. Absolutely LOVE the wealth of information in here! You guys all effen rock! Yeah… I said it… "effen." That being said, I never actually posted anything. So I figured I'd change that, and become a more involved member. My builds to date have involved putting together a full Stormtrooper costume and a couple of Ghostbuster proton packs. Currently I'm working on putting together a Rocketeer costume and Dredd (2012) costume. Will post pics of my builds soon. But in the mean time, just wanted to say "hello" to you all! So uh… hellooooo!

Hello, Everyone!

I've been a lurker, then a member, and now a participant. I was a historical reenactor for a number of years, and made things like food labels, personal papers, and minutiae for my kit and that of others. It was fun until I learned that there were a couple of guys selling my materials as their own work - not cool. I took a break from that, and turned my attention to cosplay and prop making. I've not done much - certainly nothing deserving a post here - but I'm very interested in reading, learning, and trying a few things out on my own. You've got a great educational site here and I'm very happy to be a part of it.

Good morning all!

I've discovered only recently RPF.. I feel like I should have known about it for a long, long time..
The wealth of information here it astronomical! Every time I can, I'm here reading and learning, discovering builds and techniques to do them..

I’ll be splitting my free time between costume builds and reading on how to them, here on RPF..

I think this is the beginning of a lengthy (and costly) relationship ! hahaha

Very glad to be here :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back