1484362_10152115153696499_1828183080_n.jpg Hey guys! Brand new to therpf and wanted to show one of the first arc reactors I've made that I'm proud of. Hope everyone's holiday season is going well and I hope to become part of the community.

Happy new year RPF! I am excited to be here and learn more techniques. My name is Hannah and I'm from Providence, RI. I am a longtime seamstress and am an artist and video maker. I recently developed the guts to take the jump from making original costumes and apparel to making my own cosplay. I have been spending a lot of time learning as many armor techniques as I can and that's what's brought me here! I love video games, board games, sci fi, D&D, gundam modeling and other mecha, and toys.

Nice to meet you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, My name is Devin, but you can call me Dev.

I really LOVE Spider-Man, and I saw this web site while looking at replica suits, and I decided to join so I can figure out how can I get one/look at others. :)

Hey community,

as it's obvious, I'm a fan of Doctor Who. No much to say about me. I will try in future to build all the screw drivers as precise as it is possible. Until then I will practise. And built one or two lathes for example. See you, then.

Hello All,
My name is James and I live in the intemperate weather zone of London, UK. I have been geeking out on various props and costumes for years but now that I have a little more disposable income I am trying to create an actual collection. I have nearly finished my Mal Reynolds Fierefly set, just need the browncoat from Abbyshot and a gun that does not fall apart at a con. Also keen on Doctor Who, SW and Trek, basically all the things that raised me into the man I am today.

Happy New Year all!

Jx

Hi all.

Making film props and costumes was something I always admired but figured it was way beyond me. At the end of last year however, I caught a few tutorial videos on YouTube and thought, you know what, why not give this a go. And so, I have started and so far, I really enjoy it.

/0

Hello all. Name is Eric from Utah. Just got into cosplay. I attended the inaugural Salt Lake a Comic Con which debuted as the #4 con in the country. Anyway I dressed up as the "Deadly Nightshade" from the 80's TV Show "The Flash". This character is currently my avatar on this site. I'm enjoying all the awesome threads, especially the construction ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey RPF'ers,
Long time lurker finally deciding to join in on all the activities.
Some of you guys are awesome inspiration and this is a great forum to be on.
I've been along time 1/6 figure collector and customizer, making costumes in 6th scale and decided
to make some in life size.
You'll never see me comin.

-Eric

Hello guys my name is willy I'm orlando.ever since I was a kid was always amazed of star wars movies an became huge fan I decided to join the rpf since there are many fans here too.

Greetings all!

Graphic Artist/Artist from South Florida. Long time, huge movie buff and toy collector. Recently tripped across RPF, and spent HOURS looking/reading posts. I'm amazed at some of the stuff here. Hoping to do my first repaint/remodel soon. I'll post up when I do so. :)

Hello All!!

I patiently waiting for my first armor kit and can't wait to get started. You guys are amazing! I can't believe the things that the members are making. So talented!

Hiya!

The name is Thomas and I have been interested in building models since I was extremely young. Over the last couple years my interests have peaked into scratch building and studio scale. I have spent months upon months reading forums, looking at others projects and been speechless at what I have seen. I have yet to try building anything that wasn't bought off a Walmart shelf, but I think I am ready to start something, a real project.

I expect to fail the first couple times as I am basically winging this whole thing. My particular interests are Star Trek, my ultimate goal is a large scale USS DEFIANT or SABER CLASS (one of my favorite ships), which is scratch built. I have collected every diagram I can find on both ships, I have images from every angle and I am in the process of getting them sized accordingly on paper.

But its good to finally be a member of a group of such talented artists and model makers, I look forward to talking with everyone and getting help over time.

Hey there fellow propbuilders, collectors and moviefans,

my name is Sebastian and I am a fan of movies and building stuff pretty much since I can remember. My first (and lousy, in retrospect) attempt to recreate a prop was in the age of 13, when I tried to build a blaster pistol seen in Johnny Mnenomic.
Since then I invested in my workshop, now having tools like a lathe or a mill at hand, while my addiction to movies and the enthusiasm for craftsmanship never decreased.
I hope to improve my skills by participating in this awesome community - you've got some incredible builds here, that have been fun to read during the past weeks.
See you in the other threads.

Hello everyone
My name is Sam and I'm from Melbourne, Australia I found this website by searching props and this was one of the sites that popped up. I have always been interested in props and prop building but it's only in the last short while that I actually started getting into my prop making seriously. I can't wait to get ideas and advice from all you guys.

Current WIP is a set of steampunk wings

Future WIP: Issac Clarke's Helmet from Deadspace

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back