So I feel like I did a disservice to The RPF and myself by posting an introduction in a non-rap style introduction. So I just came up with this in the shower. This should give everyone a better idea of who I am lol

Yo, this is J to the V-R comin’ at you
Cuz I’m such a nerdy kid I got games in queue
You gotta love them fiction movies cuz they legit
Star Wars, Lord A Da Rings, and Tron’s my ****
Better get this boy a table n a bag a dice
I’m a DM with a heart so cold it’s like a land of ice

Stop…

Cuz I got a gem with a bunch of different sides to it
Every time I roll you better be ready for a critical hit
I’m all about the costumes and the props n stuff
I’ll be peppin’ so hard my glue gun has had enough
Cuttin’ and pastin’ cuz my cuttin’ mat likes it rough
So skilled with a razor that my fingers is tough

I’m so full of sarcasm that it’s out of your league
But these are all the things that make me me
So you better be ready for a new kid in town
Cuz I came to The RPF and I’m ready to get down

JVR OUT!

Hello RPF forum I am another new guy here.

I found out about the RPF on the Podcast Untitled: the Adam Savage Project.

Great resource!

My main focus is character creation with makeup fx. I have been interested in makeup fx for over 25 years and have worked on projects in between life and family needs. I am a student of the Dick Smith Course which is a fantastic place to gain a large amount of working knowledge for special makeup fx. I refer back to it often as well as other online resources like the Stan Winston School and the Effects lab and the Neill Gorton fx911 site on Facebook.

I am looking forward to learning and sharing here on the RPF.

Thanks!

Hi. I'm Ali, I'm a cosplayer. As my projects get more and more ambitious, I figured I could use some guidance. So here I am. I tend to go more for custom than screen replica. And I never necessarily consider anything "done" so much as wearable, so I'm constantly upgrading or planning the next iteration. Right now what I have wearable includes a pirate, a Jedi, a Sith, a Mandalorian, Black Widow and Black Cat. I'm pretty happy with the pirate and the Sith (eventually need to add sound to the saber). Everything else has a laundry list of upgrades/updates, some of it will be completely overhauled. And then there are all of the costumes that are just in the "planning" stages right now! I have quite a crew, including my husband and several of our good friends, so I also do quite a bit of work on other people's costumes. My strengths are sewing and painting/weathering. I can do a little basic leather work.

Hi everyone!
Like many here, I've been a fairly long time lurker, before finally signing up. I've been the crafty type all my life, but I really amped that up a few years ago, when I got into costume and prop making. The bug bit after attending a convention, admiring all the amazing crafted costumes, and realising that "y'know, I bet I could do that". Sites like this were a great help in getting answers to many of the questions I've had while crafting, as each creation seems to involve learning new techniques and skills. So I'm happy to become a member here, and be able to share the results with you all!

Hello everyone. Found this site after searching for Star Wars costumes. Being a costume "snob" I didn't want to purchase massed produced products (I.e. Rubies etc..) and glad i found this forum. I'm glad this forum exists for newbies like myself to help with the hunt. Thank you!

Hay my name is David (32) and im from Germany,

i build me a Incineratortrooper with the line to join the German Garrison (501st),
and i have more interssest and i will build more helmets and armor´s not only from SW.
later i will make a post and all at the forum can see my build from ICN.

greetings from germany

p.s: sry for my bad englisch^^

Hey all, i'm Mark. Very much a newbie to costuming so for some reason I decided to go for a full Lord Sauron armour. Safe to say it's going to take a while :) Will start a thread once I have made some physical progress instead of starting out asking for help with ref material. Anyway enough rambling, hope to see some people here at some con in the future :D

Hi I'm rob.

Been lurking around this site now for a few days reading up about pep and other build methods, and just browsing some of the awesome builds I was amazed at the detail and knowledge people have here.

I'm into all sorts of different props from star wars, Star Trek, red dwarf, doc who, iron man, bat man, oh you get the idea I'm a little bit of a geek I suppose but proud of it!

I think I'm going to try to build either a halo 4 armour set or iron man main reason being I'm new to this and there seems to be a lot of resources for these builds I'm going for a pepakura build as I love the detail other builders have got with this method I'm all so going to experiment a lot with other techniques that I don't seem to see any one trying yet such as pre preg carbon and using resin films and such. I'm a composite tech who works in the lab researching composites so I have a few ideas I'd like to try once iv built a successful suit of armour.
Well that's me hope to get to know you all in time and I will start a thread of my build soon as I have some thing to show for myself.

Shinything

Howdy y'all!

So, I recently went to my first Comic-Con (something I've been wanting to do for a very long time :lol)and straight after I was already planning on going to the next one and thinking of my costume. I'd noticed there weren't all too many villains (seems almost everyone wants to be a hero!) so I started to think of the villains I know of. Almost immediately I'd decided on who I was to be and started searching for info on how to build (I want to do it right and not just go out and buy one, :p) and my search led me here via a post from Tastyburger about his Doctor Doom build (guess who I'd decided to be?!).

Anyways, this introduced me to pepakura and I've just begun working on a paper version of Doom's helmet (hosted by Lord Magneto I believe). Thing is, I'm gonna need help,... I've never crafted anything of my own outside of basic things at school and looking through some of the threads, I'm not sure of the materials you all use, lol!

I'm hoping this will be the first of many builds and there's a lot of talent out there and I'll appreciate all the help I can get and will post updates as I go and images as often as I can.

Once again, hi!!!!

My name is Cole, financial analyst for a large .com company during the day and a costume/prop creator by night. Recently joined after many many years of lurking on both this and a few other costuming sites. Really impressed with some of the craftsmanship and attention to detail on the RPF though. Some really talented people on here who also take time to help others...which is impressive.

Most of my creations have been costumes, including Optimus Prime and Megatron (80's version), Batsuit (The Dark Knight), Archer, and Teen Wolf. I sculpted and cast an IronMan MarkIII helmet right after the first movie came out but never had time to complete the rest of the armor. Right now I'm working on a TMNT costume. It's gonna take a while but so far the sculpting and casting that I have done has turned out nicely. Looking forward to making more progress on that.

A few pics of costumes I've done in the past: Optimus and Megatron.jpg PhonePics 240.jpg 317373_304096736284028_100000511117842_1254642_861440676_n.jpg

Greetings all,
The name is Bob and I've been lurking in the shadows for a couple months after stumbling upon the site while looking for new adventures and things to do I found this place and a variety of other things that I will undoubtedly fill my house with as I create them. My current projects are a mk 5 Master Chief helmet pep build, Iron Man mk-vi helmet pep, an Alphonse Elric helm, all pepakura. An EVA Master Chief armor build is also on my work table. I look forward to showing my progress and in the future I'll post some pictures.

Hello all,
I ran across this site whilst researching things of Firefly/Serenity fandom..

I have long been a Sci Fi addict and have been a mass collector in my lifetime. Mostly Star Trek, and there was tons of that. Sadly a divorce relieved me of most all my collection. But it didn't quell my interests.

The first costume I ever donned as an adult was Darth Vader. I created the costume myself, using cast off things and paper mache for the helmet/mask composition. My wife was Princess Lea.. It was quite impressive back in the late 70's :)
I then did a few Klingon outfits, creating my own "turtle shell" forehead using a bald cap, clay and liquid latex. The Uniform was a "find" at the local junk shop and had been a custom made deal using wool fabric, heavy well made and zipped up in back.. I made an amazing Worf and my wife was Jadzia.. with hand painted "spots" . That was fun. :)

My latest costume was Obi-Wan. I made my own Jedi belt, bought the boots and lightsaber, but the costume was from an old pattern and adapted by me to give the Old Republic Obi floor length style outfit. Looks just like the ones sold on ebay for $180 but only cost me $60 for the material and a few cuts on my fingers from cutting out the pattern..

I will try and put up some photos somewhere in my profile, if I can find them.

Glad to be here....

Hi, I'm Evie. I've been sewing as long as I can remember and I've always loved making costumes. I started out with Medieval princess style dresses for Renaissance fairs. I recently started making costumes to go to Comic Cons and it was so much fun making and wearing it. I haven't managed to make a set of armor yet, but I can't wait to start one even though working with a new material makes me nervous.

As far as current sewing projects go I'm working on two costumes, a shirt-dress, a sun dress, oh and I have to put buttons and lining in a pirate coat, and finish a corset. I tend to start projects and then start another one when I get stumped on the first one, or I don't have something I need to finish it. But I always get around to them in the end. :)

Hi Everyone! My name is Auri, and right now I'm looking for pattern designs to make or commission Iron Man and Halo Master Chief under suits. But just looking around briefly I saw several tutorial threads that really got me excited cause I'm planning on actually making some props in 2014. You can find my cosplay on Facebook in either my personal page: Auri Aminpour, or my cosplay page: Archer11

Hope to meet some of you here, and maybe at the Cons. :D

Hola RPF.

I've lurked for a few years now & decided to join to help folks out where I can. I have completely enjoyed the Work in Progress threads that show insane amount of talent & patience going in to the builds. It has broadened my horizons on materials that can be used in different applications. My first pep build was inspired by you all. I know it's not the best but I learned so much from that first undertaking.

Most of my work now consists of character creation & execution for a game called Dagorhir & because of that I lean heavily on leather working. (the game has specific build materials that can be used for armor)

Greaves & Cuirasse in leather made by me. The rest is not mine.

Complete character concept & build are mine. Model is my daughter. (photography by Son Lam)

Complete character concept & build are mine. This is my personal character.(photography by Son Lam)

Complete character concept & build are mine with the exception of the foam sword.

Then there is the stuff I just do for the hell of it. Sometimes it's for conventions & premiers & other times it's really because I'm bored & happen to have two very patient kids on hand to torture.

Bored, have make up & camera. Cue fun family portrait.

The Devil's Carnival premier in Houston. From left to right, Terrance Z (cast & creator) Spawn I & II (My kids who won the costume contest - concept to execution was ours), Darren Lynn Bousman (Director) Our two friends that attended with us & Hannah Minx (cast)

Zipper face & Mr. Snippy

I'm looking forward to being a more active participant here.

Hello! I found out about the RPF through Tested and finding countless mentions on the interweb and thought I'd drop in. I love films of all kinds and am a Marvel man (although I do like some DC). I'm also an amateur maker an recently thought I would combine the two; I'm hopefully going to SDCC when I'm 16 (as I live across the pond).
I am sure I will learn a lot from all of you great craftsmen and women
yours sincerely,
A young English eccentric.

Greetings all,
My name is Laurent and i post from France !
I've just found this thread and i'm happy to introduce me here.
My interest is mainly about SW but i love other Univers too such as Alien, LOTR...
I'm not a modeler but, perhaps one day since i have discovered so many inspirationnal work here... So many talentuous artists in this place... Just a big delight for my eyes and a great informations center :)

Hi all!
Just introducing myself. I'm new to cosplay but have been doing living history WW2 for a little while. My favourite films i'd like to make movie based props from would be Dredd and Robocop at the moment. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew so that'll keep me going for now i'm sure. From what i've read on here already, everyone has a lot of knowledge. I've got a long way to go but I hope to share with you all what I get up to and am willing to receive constructive criticism along the way!

See you all inside…

Greg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back