collection showoff! - Video Tour - last page

Re: Collection Showoff- taking a break... hah - who am I kidding

Great collection and huge display space!! :thumbsup That Star Destroyer is absolutely superb!! I also like that Terminator leaning bust, is it 1:1? Who made it?

Y'know I have no idea who made the Terminator bust. It is 1:1 and it is very detailed. The eyes light up too.

I was actually going to post better pictures of it in another thread to get some "expert advice" on it. Stay tuned.

that is a sweeeeeeeeeeet collection
one day I would hope to have 1/2 your stuff
really cool
u rock

OKAY - Sooo where was I. A lot of great stuff came my way. I'm really slow with taking pictures so please excuse the delay. Work has been killer lately, and New York has been totally blitzed with massive amounts of snow lately.

Anyways - On with the pics!

I got this great screenused Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle III time travel machine scepter from Riggerbyte. It really is a very intricate prop. There's a motor built into the scepter, with some sort of remote receiver. I assume it was used to activiate the motor remotely. It also has a light built in below the orb so the whole chamber lights up. It really is a beautiful piece.

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

tmnt3.jpg

TMNT3.jpg

I'll spare this post the details of how much restoration I needed to do on this prop. However, I'll just say, this came from Australia and it got delivered during NY's blizzard.
Anyone else recognize this wonderful message from the USPS? (Sends a chill down your spine eh? :confused)
IMG_0189-1.jpg

IMG_0191-1.jpg

Next up - I received a constantine lighter from Marc - LeMarchand.
What can I say, I am absolutely blown away. I was first totally shocked by just how heavy it was. It was the perfect weight to just take and throw through a window (you crazy kids know what I'm talking about right?) Anyways, it really is a beautiful prop. Well worth the wait! As an ex smoker and collector of zippos, I can say that it even makes the satisfying "click" noise when you open it. :)

Okay - pics!:
IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

Love the old school batman outfit. Where did you get HHS rockettear (don't know how you spell it) helmet, backpack, etc?

Did you do more work on Superman? The proportions look damn near perfect!

I had a chance to see pics of the scepter when it first arrived. Oh man, my heart bleed for you buddy but you did a PHENOMENAL restoration job on it.

Your collection is always a sight to behold - thanks for the wonderful update! I can't see where you take it in 2011! :)

hate you...

nah, always glad to see new aquisitions to your ever-growing collection!
:cheers

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. It really gets me motivated to keep working and updating my stuff. The support is definitely felt and appreciated.

Love the old school batman outfit. Where did you get HHS rockettear (don't know how you spell it) helmet, backpack, etc?

The Rocketeer jacket was from ebay, the helmet is a MR, and the rocket pack is, I believe, a MiM (Monsters in Motion) kit that was built and painted. I got the rocket pack from the now banned Houdiniguy and I didn't get too many details on it.

hate you...

nah, always glad to see new aquisitions to your ever-growing collection!
:cheers

Haha - hate you too man - hate you too. :lol Thanks again!

I was totally motivated to do a little more work on cleaning things up. I put up a 3' Stargate made by Xeno. It's a great great great replica of the stargate. There is just so much detail in each of the pieces it really blows my mind every time i look at it. It even lights up in sequence or all at once. I'm trying to find some sort of metallic blue paper or mylar that I can put inside the gate to give the impression of the wormhole.

I put it up at the entranceway of my bookshelf door so it's the first thing I see on the way down :) Those of you who are psychology majors would probably say that I was inclined to put the stargate up at the entrance because it's a "portal" to my basement lair. :rolleyes Actually, that's kid of the idea that I was going for :)

Still plugging away - more updates to come soon.

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

Hope you've got the sofa all made up for me; I'm comin' in for a visit!

Oh' and I'd appreciate it if you could stock up on some G2 this time; grape and frost will do just fine. :)

Everything looks amazing, man!

-Rylo

You're always welcome man! *glug**glug**glug* just hurry up before I drink it all:lol

A little fun update! Found these props buried under a pile of stuff. It's like a fun treasure hunt.

So here are two padds that I got waaaaay back in the day. I love these because the screen is actually etched metal. It's not just printed paper or something (i don't know what they're using) Etched metal might not be accurate to the actual props but it makes for a wonderful display.
IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

To match the Padd- I have this little display model of the Ceti eel. It's resin - and comes with this interesting dome/scientific canister display. I have sand that I haven't put down on the base yet because I haven't found a permanent home for this yet in my display.

Okay - I'm going to keep diggin' Have a great weekend guys!
IMG_0333.jpg

update on the stargate from page 6, I think it looks much better now:

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

Franklin Mint Classic enterprise and 1701-D. They're not the most accurate, the color is a bit off here and there.. but it's all die cast metal and has the cool little bridge miniatures inside.

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

Updated the gobler idol display with moss from Michael's. Took a while to find moss that looked similar to the one on screen:

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

Here's a guilty pleasure of mine - I had a lot of fun collecting the Star Trek Micro Machines. After about of year of searching and collecting, I finally got them all. (The Star Wars micros were simply a product of buying many lots of star trek/wars lots from ebay)

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

Fun Stuff - Jedi Mickey. I think that this was the first disney character that they released in star wars clothes. Never bothered getting the other ones after that. It has a nifty light up lightsaber.

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

ave4,
i really like your set up here....
can i ask what you use for your display stands? those black ribbed bases that you have your props sitting on?
it really helps to make everything look uniform and organized.
great display!!!!!!

I get them all from here: Retail product display tables. Portable display tables.

They're cheaper than solid pedestals and they can be folded flat if you don't need them.

I agree, everything in a nice uniform display does look much nicer. I haven't purchased new pedestals in while. Sadly things are getting less and less uniform as time goes on. :unsure

awesome! thanks for the link. pretty cool that they can be folded flat too.
great collection, man!

Wait wait wait...

You live near Rylo? I don't live too far from him... I'm comming too! :p

Always love seeing your stuff. Really wish more prop parties/get togethers would happen on or near the east coast. :(

Somebody say East coast prop party ... hmmmmm??? I'm in there like swimwear ... :)

Oh, and I hate you Thomas (that's jealousy taking).

Wait wait wait...

You live near Rylo? I don't live too far from him... I'm comming too! :p

Always love seeing your stuff. Really wish more prop parties/get togethers would happen on or near the east coast. :(

I actually have no idea where Rylo lives (he knows that if I found out, I would go over there and hold him hostage until he made me a captain america shield. That's right Rylo! I'm talking about YOU :ninja) - I just know we're all on the east coast somewhere. :thumbsup haha - you know us east coast people, we're just unfriendly like that.

Somebody say East coast prop party ... hmmmmm??? I'm in there like swimwear ... :)

Oh, and I hate you Thomas (that's jealousy taking).

Hate you more Si...hate you more :cool:lol

wait..you're not actually going in swimwear are you? :confused I keed! I keed!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back