collection showoff! - Video Tour - last page

Re: Collection Showoff- ANH Vader pg 7! Bestas pg 8!

I'm going to show this to my wife as an example of what our basement could look like... but doesn't.

Very nice collection!

That pic of you dressing Vader made me spit my drink. I can't count how many times my fiance walked in on me dressing one of my lifesizes like that and just says "ooooook" and backs away slooowwly. :lol

But man, what a GREAT collection!

Forgot to add that mannequin is PERFECT, I think your Vader is posed the best out of all the ones I have seen...including mine!

Most of the time when you see collections this big, it is usually crap. What you have is NICE!

Well thanks guys! I have tons more updates coming soon. Mostly just new displays.

But really, your comments really keep me motivated to keep improving my displays and the quality of my props. :thumbsup

Fixed up my vader as per Darth Niob's suggestions. Mostly just moved the helmet closer to the armor. Description of the vader and the components are listed on Page 7 here. More comments and suggestions for improvement are always welcome

Pics aren't the best - used my compact rather than the SLR... always in a rush nowadays! :wacko:wacko:wacko

Huge updates to come soon. I'm wondering, do you guys think it's okay to start a new thread? I didn't want to start hundreds of threads just to showoff things individually, but this thread is getting kinda messy. Is taking up another thread against forum ediquette?

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

Very nice, I like how you have the shoulder bells showing a bit, nice touch. :thumbsup

By all means I think your collection is worthy of its own thread...

GRRRREEEEAAAAT Presentation of your stuff.
I like your ANH VAder. It´s one of the best? What helmet and upper armour did you use?

When you show off stuff this nice I see no problem starting another thread. Some pieces just deserve that personal attention.

Thanks all for the kind words - You kindly found time to respond to my thread and I'll try my best to get back to everyone..

I'm going to show this to my wife as an example of what our basement could look like... but doesn't.

Very nice collection!

You'd be surprised how many times people say that. :lol I will forever remain the insane guy here on this thread to make you all look normal :thumbsup

Forgot to add that mannequin is PERFECT, I think your Vader is posed the best out of all the ones I have seen...including mine!

Thanks man! I can't take the credit for posing this guy though. The mannequin did all the work. Usually doing lifesized displays is tough and includes sawing off heads, repositioning arms...breathing in fiberglass.. yea.. it's tough to make them look really nice.

Thanks man! :thumbsup

Most of the time when you see collections this big, it is usually crap. What you have is NICE!

I appreciate that clutch. I took the advice of many here on the boards, to 1) collect stuff that I love and 2) get the "best" of something so I don't waste money regretting or upgrading the piece later on. It does take time, and research tracking down all of these pieces, and going through all the different versions of pieces that many members make but it totally pays off in the end. I just hope I do these pieces justice in the end by showcasing them properly. These pieces, after all, are the hard work of many of the members here and I don't want to let people down. :)

...Bleedin' 'ell!!!!
That's a nice collection you got there!

Rich

Thanks Rich - definitely more improvements coming. (mostly display related)

Very nice, I like how you have the shoulder bells showing a bit, nice touch. :thumbsup

By all means I think your collection is worthy of its own thread...

Thanks SithLord! Yea - the shoulder bells. Hah - that just kind of happened. But I'm glad it worked out for the best. I figure if you're going to spend a lot of money on shoulder armor for a ANH display you might as well show off as much as you can. A lot of it is already covered by the inner robe.

GRRRREEEEAAAAT Presentation of your stuff.
I like your ANH VAder. It´s one of the best? What helmet and upper armour did you use?

Hey thanks trap joe. Actually, I would argue that your collection and your display is one of the most complete star wars collections that I have ever seen. You actually inspired me because you make your own displays for your vader displays. Your hard work definitely pays off.

Here's a list of the parts that I used. The helmet is temporary, but it does have one of the best paint jobs that I have seen on a vader helmet. The original artist really took the time to replicate as many details as possible.

Helmet: (temporary) SPFX v2
Chest armor: GH ANH (from Cookiemonster)
Chestbox: Screencast (from Vadermonkey)
Codpiece: from Vadermonkey
Leather 3 piece suit: made by TMP (from Germanbat)
Robe and capes: made by Rheinone (from Germanbat)
Belt: Gino boxes, red washers and aluminum knobs. Lights and mesh are original parts. (electronics installed), Real WWII belt (from Germanbat)
Boots: ebay
Shins: GT Shins from Vadermonkey
Gloves: from Darth Niob.
Mannequin: Poseable from Tom Spina

When you show off stuff this nice I see no problem starting another thread. Some pieces just deserve that personal attention.

Thanks Amish Trooper. Great thanks for the support- I'll start a new thread soon.

That basement is bigger than my entire apartment! And that collection is simply jaw dropping! :eek

wow, what a collection!! I keep coming back to see the pics lol

Beautiful collection!!! I always get super jealous when I see your Judge dredd stuff! Lucky Duck!!!

if you ever wanna part with it ill be waiting! lol

Such an awesome collection. . . I want to move in! I can live inside the Batsuit. . .

:D I always enjoy coming back to read this thread and seeing what else you've done, or what your next little project is. And also to feed my jealousy and greed. Great stuff!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back