New Doctor Who Series Discussion *Spoilers*

Baker would not be playing the 4th doctor but a villain was the last rumor I heard about Tom Baker. I think he would be a great villain.

Going back to the continuity issues with Ten and Rose meeting Eleven...

Was it Zagreus that established that only the most "Recent" Doctor will remember a multi-Doctor meeting because of a Tardis safety protocol? I think it was something along the lines of the Time Lords fearing future knowledge of one's personal timeline being dangerous so a Tardis crew has its minds wiped through the psychic link.

I'm pretty sure it was Zagreus.

In old Who you could get away with those kinds of meetings without worrying too much about plotholes. Now...Rose finding out about her future or the simple fact that she leaves the Doctor, Ten's regeneration...they have to explain the character's ignorance of those things.

I always assumed, as has been said, that only the most current incarnation remembers the events of a multi doctor story and the others forget so that the time line can keep flowing. Which is important; It has to keep flowing.
That would also give Time Crash the clear because it would have been too much trouble to clean up the mess of the 10th and 5th doctor meeting. The doctor says in Turn Left that when stuff gets changed time generally compensates unless it's too big. I dunno about you guys, but I think the lifetimes of 4 doctors between the 5th and 10th is too much to clean up. So the 10th was able to remember from the 5th's point of view so that stuff would stay stable, but he only remembered in unison with his past self seeing it so that he wouldn't immediately solve the problem, and then the 5th doctor's mind got wiped.

So in this story the 10th and Rose just won't remember, I don't think it should really be all that much of a problem, timey wimey :)

In old Who you could get away with those kinds of meetings without worrying too much about plotholes. Now...Rose finding out about her future or the simple fact that she leaves the Doctor, Ten's regeneration...they have to explain the character's ignorance of those things.

Well 11 is about 400 years older than 10. Quick mention of his age would establish that he's old enough for her to have long since died even if she did stay with him for the rest of her life. If she ran into a 10 without her in tow it'd be a bigger issue, but a regenerated Doctor less of a concern.

there are languages that the tardis doesnt translate, but those are languages even the doctor cant speak

and he talked to the barking lady np. so its just stupid

there are languages that the tardis doesnt translate, but those are languages even the doctor cant speak

and he talked to the barking lady np. so its just stupid

May I suggest not taking it too seriously... We are watching a TV show about an alien, with a British accent, who flies around in time and space, in a 1960's era blue police box no less, while saving the galaxy at least half a dozen times each season. So if you can get over that portion of the storyline, I suggest not paying attention to the minute details and potential mistakes in the storyline.*

*Note, I am not trying to come across as rude, I just think that there are more important things to discuss regarding the story.:)

May I suggest not taking it too seriously... We are watching a TV show about an alien, with a British accent, who flies around in time and space, in a 1960's era blue police box no less, while saving the galaxy at least half a dozen times each season. So if you can get over that portion of the storyline, I suggest not paying attention to the minute details and potential mistakes in the storyline.*

*Note, I am not trying to come across as rude, I just think that there are more important things to discuss regarding the story.:)

How dare you mock our religion, sir! I challenge you to a duel! Choose your weapons: pool noodles or silly string.

Actually we need to pay attention to every single tiny little detail because they contain hints of things to come, things that are going on and things that happened but we may have missed.

My wife (who is one of the 3 people on Earth who understood everything that went on in Lost and even predicted a lot of it) and I (who gave up on Lost as being too damned annoying be halfway though season 2) have been fine toothed combing every square inch of this season for every clue possible to the mystery of Clara and hints of what's to come in the 50th.

While I agree that taking it too seriously is silly, when it starts breaking rules that it's taken literally half a century to cement then you can't forgive a little criticism.

Actually we need to pay attention to every single tiny little detail because they contain hints of things to come, things that are going on and things that happened but we may have missed.

My wife (who is one of the 3 people on Earth who understood everything that went on in Lost and even predicted a lot of it) and I (who gave up on Lost as being too damned annoying be halfway though season 2) have been fine toothed combing every square inch of this season for every clue possible to the mystery of Clara and hints of what's to come in the 50th.

I was having a conversation the other day and a friend of mine commented that The Grand Moff's mysteries end up having the most obvious answers but generate the most outlandish theories. I think Clara's identity will be far, FAR morte obvious in hindsight than we ever thought.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back