BTTF Plutonium Case Thread

I've got some leftover paint and decals - thinking about getting a steel cooler and converting it into a backyard plutonium case, just in time for summer. What do you guys think?

Something like this.
image.jpg

Thanks to the handwork of @rkpetersen, I had Frank at Anvil build a scaled down version of his plutonium case for my BARK to the Future project.
Frank sent me some pics last week after it was completed and I have to admit I was a little disappointed because I expected to see more of the yellow ABS. But I once I got it in the mail and saw it in person yesterday I was truly impressed. Frank even had it built with a custom slot to hold my dog's Pepsi Perfect water bottle.

Also, if anyone wants the black Anvil plaque, lemme know! They included it loose, but there wasn't space to fit it on my small case. I'm sure shipping won't be much, so I'd be happy to cover the costs as a thank you for everything I've learned on this thread and the forum.

I used @Roland's file for the radioactive decals and printed them on 4x6 photo paper at 38%. And I attached the "plutonium" lettering with 1/4" vinyl letters.

And here are the pics!

BEFORE:
image1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpegimage4.jpeg

AFTER:
image6.jpegimage5.jpegimage7.jpegimage8.jpegimage9.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image8.jpeg

image9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

I've contacted Frank at Anvil to look into getting an original case built to use as a road case for my leads, pedals and laptop when gigging (and it turns out it's cheaper than getting it made locally in Australia – at least before shipping!)
The only issue is, because I'm in Australia, Anvil can't ship directly to me, so I'll need to use a freight forwarding service; which our national carrier has, so that's pretty cool.

I'm trying to get a rough (but good) guesstimate on the shipping cost before I commit to building the case, but in order to do that, I need to know the actual weight of the case.

Can anyone with one of the new Anvil cases please tell me what the shipping weight was for my calculations?

If it turns out that the shipping will skyrocket the cost above a locally made, I might go that way. If it ends up similar, I will probably go this route and stick with the original manufacturer.

Thanks for any help!

I've been working on my case. I was waiting to post pics until I had the labels sorted but here it is as it stands now. I used a company here in England because the postage from Anvil was going to be a killer. They couldn't use the flat head rivets because they are not set up to do them and the case could be around an inch shorter which was my fault but apart from that I'm pleased so far.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/844/l5grj.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/839/ga1a.jpg

Great looking case! What company did you use in the UK? I am based in Scotland. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Awesome, Thanks!

I ordered from SwanFlight some months ago on eBay, the case is pretty good!
I just ordered a second one for my garage - I could not resist, this is a bargain!

Very tempted by the SwanFlight case now, its just the rivets that have put me off before. Will carry on with attempting to build my own. In the mean time made this for a friends birthday. It contains mini coke cans. When I say made, I vinyl wrapped it, made some stickers and cut some foam.
20150803012735.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back