Need Parts for my Luke ROTJ saber

Nils

Sr Member
Hi guys,
I have a question for you, do you have or do you know where I can find these two parts. The "cup" that holds JD´s board and the black switch?
mr-lukeelite11.jpg

These are the last parts to finish my Luke ROTJ saber.
Thanks,
Br, Nils

Hi guys,
I have a question for you, do you have or do you know where I can find these two parts. The "cup" that holds JD´s board and the black switch?
mr-lukeelite11.jpg

These are the last parts to finish my Luke ROTJ saber.
Thanks,
Br, Nils

Well, I believe the things that hold the board in place are 2 pieces of metal L stock from little model train tracks you can find in hobby stores (so you can slide the circuit board out to reveal the circuitry inside like on the original prop

saberInt.jpg

still looking for some of that myself, so let me know if you find any), and the black thingy... Can't help you there. I'm looking for one of those too.

Are you doing a screen-accurate saber or like in the picture?
In the "I see you have constructed a new lightsaber" scene, the saber had simply 3mm brass L-bar on the sides of the circuit board.
Later in the production, they reworked the assembly to make the circuit board glide on rails over some electronics inside. They put grey T-bars inside the L-bars.

I wanted the first version, so I got some 3mm brass L-bar from Wentzels in Stockholm.
Instead of T-bars, some builders of this saber have used flat piece of metal or plastic to raise the circuit board.
I think also that brass U-bar could be a sturdier alternative to L+T bar -- if the circuit board fits. Then add the grey line with paint.

However.. while the original circuit board was blue with gold-plating, JD's is a piece of copper with black lines -- and then the colors of the metals clash.
I am not so sure that model train hobby stores have copper bars of the correct dimensions in stock. :(

Last edited:
However.. while the original circuit board was blue with gold-plating, JD's is a piece of copper with black lines -- and then the colors of the metals clash.
I am not so sure that model train hobby stores have copper bars of the correct dimensions in stock. :(
I can imagine Luke Skywalker originally using a copper activation panel for his lightsaber...

"Aww, darn it- this clashes with the little rails on each side! Gotta find a different color scheme... Can't be a real Jedi without a nice-looking lightsaber..."

And so he switched to the gold one :lol

Are you doing a screen-accurate saber or like in the picture?
In the "I see you have constructed a new lightsaber" scene, the saber had simply 3mm brass L-bar on the sides of the circuit board.
Later in the production, they reworked the assembly to make the circuit board glide on rails over some electronics inside. They put grey T-bars inside the L-bars.

I wanted the first version, so I got some 3mm brass L-bar from Wentzels in Stockholm.
Instead of T-bars, some builders of this saber have used flat piece of metal or plastic to raise the circuit board.
I think also that brass U-bar could be a sturdier alternative to L+T bar -- if the circuit board fits. Then add the grey line with paint.

Tack, jag skall kolla Wentzels. (I´ll check Wentzels out)
/N

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back