Barricade from Transformers 1 in parked across the street from my work!

streetjudge79

Master Member
A billionare investor that I know purchased Barricade to put in his car museum at the Trump Sonesta Resort which is right across the street from my police station. I just got to see that baby up close. I'll post pics tomorrow. I didn't have my camera with me today. The lightbar was removed and it was in the back seat. All the decals were in tact and the car is in very good shape.
He also had a race car from Talladega nights, and one of the fast/furious Grand national's. Man, I am all giddy that I got to touch Barricade! :)
When I get my Transformers edition camaro, I plan on having it photographed with Barricade.

Here's the auction listing from when it was sold (I'm assuming it was this one, I believe the only one sold to the public):

http://www.icollector.com/2005-Saleen-Mustang-Barricade-from-Transformers_i8582907

VERY nice car either way, even better that it's Barricade! :cool (And sold for less than I figured it would...)

I was at the auction, but sadly the car wasn't actually there, so I never got to see it in person. :cry

I assume his car museum is open to the public? Something I might have to check out someday...

Rik

The car is just sitting in his parking garage at the hotel right now. Anyone has access to it. He is supposedly building an official car museum in Surfside Florida which is 5 minutes south of here.He has an un-official museum located in the garage as well, that's all decked out in 50's memorabelia. He loves to show it off to people,he's given me a few tours already, but it's not like a museum that you pay to go into. You would never even know it's there unless someone told you.Some very interesting cars. Must be nice to be a multi billionaire... You should see his collection of exotic cars too,he'd give Jay Leno some competition. Google the guy, his name is Michael Dezer. He is a Hotel/real estate mogul. You would never know it by seeing him in person, he's always in t-shirts,jeans and old sneakers. Very down to earth guy.

I know, right? I can't believe that's all it went for. It's driveable too and has about 4,000 miles on it. The interior looked pretty clean, it's got dark tints on it, and it was locked so it was hard to get a good look. I'm going to try to track him down and open it up for me tomorrow.

If memory serves, the main Barricade S351 was delivered with 500 or so miles on the odometer for the first film. I believe there were two drivable cars and two that were cut in half (nothing from the seats back, no motor or trans). One of the drivable cars had an assembly that consisted of faux rockets and other nonsense that protruded from the hood. One of the half cars had the scanners that came out of the headlight that were functional as in they moved forward and around.

I checked the Vin number against the one at premiere props's auction. It's different.
Did they auction off more than one Barricade? This one is definitely screen used though, the push bumper has some rust, there is some wear and tear, some of the decals are peeling a little.. There is a hole cut out in the drivers headrest so the driver that you can't see on film can see where he's going.I can't wait to get ahold of the owner to find out more on it.

Here's the photos as promised.

P1080007.jpg

P1080011.jpg

P1080002.jpg

P1080001.jpg

P1080004.jpg

P1080005.jpg

P1080006_edited-1.jpg

P1080013.jpg

P1080012.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back