Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

chimage.jpgchimage (2).jpgchimage (1).jpgchimage (3).jpg fake brands lol

So I guess the Black sugar tank at the exhibit must have been a copy that wasn't used in the film. So I'm listening to the fc commentary right now and Pitt states that the robe was his female roomate's ratty robe. Fincher says that he and another guy came to Pitt's house and he came down with the robe, the " yellow sunglasses " and gucci loafers and asks," what do you think, is this Tyler?" Fincher says he told him to box em up and get em on set.

Last edited:
100_7379.jpgFC.jpgScreen Shot 2013-01-18 at 13.12.38.pngtylerbully1.jpg All the different versions.

- - - Updated - - -

you gotta have a better eye AJ ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Look at the exhibit print and the screen used print and identify stuff thats not on the screen used, and also stuff that's not in exact places as the screen used.
Am I missing something? How?

My JAL came on Friday. It's beautiful and really impressive. I have to be honest, this jacket never did it for me as much as the Mayhem and I was a little unsure how I would like it being this red too, but it really turned out to be gorgeous and I adore it. I might still like the Mayhem better, but I've certainly been wearing this one more lately.

It IS very red. In fact, as you'll see, I believe it is more red than my Mayhem. I also think the leathers are extremely similar, even to where they could be the same leather, but perhaps different batches. The grain is extremely similar and the way it feels is too, but they are clearly different colors in person. It's almost indistinguishable, but it's there. Could be because the Mayhem is older, I'm not sure, but it's darker, more of a "cherry red" where the FC1 is a more "candy red." So maybe the leather is different, I'm not sure. My initial thoughts of the leathers being the same could be wrong.

Anyway, it turned out wonderfully and I'm not sure how screen-accurate everyone thinks it is – it COULD be a bit red but I trust AJ's opinion and I think maybe it could be that it is a little different in different light than the original. It does seem conceivable that even thought leather might be the same color in one light setting, that they could be different in another due to the depth and qualities of each leather. This is speculation though.

Aside from the color, I think it is extremely close to the original. The leather isn't as wrinkly yet, and I think that would definitely take some time, but water could help that. I need to do some testing on the leather sample I have before I do anything drastic, but I am fairly willing to experiment on this jacket. The buttons are different, as all JALs are, but otherwise I think it is pretty spot on. The only other thing that's off in my mind is the custom lining I put in, but I actually really LOVE this lining and I am very happy to have it in there. Big thanks to Rupe for the inspiration!

The final thing I want to mention is the fit. It seems very accurate to me. It also occurred to me that the way the jacket is worn is very dependent on the posture of the person, which could maybe cause some confusion. I think you need to wear this jacket, at least mine, with great posture – shoulders straight and chest pushed out appropriately. I don't always have the best posture, as I think most people don't and I have to wonder if over time this has influenced people's perceptions of the fit.

I have noticed that this addresses a few things: It addresses the length of the sleeves. When worn with the shoulders wider and good posture, the sleeve length is about down to the knuckle. In other positions, the cuff is higher, such as in the iconic image of Brad outside the bar when he has his hands on his hips at the beginning of the movie. During the Raymond K Hessel scene, the length of the sleeves looks longer and the back of the jacket looks to have some room for movement, suggesting he's wearing the jacket looser in the shoulders. Also, this addresses the look that Dan picked up on where the shoulders look a bit wider. This pushes the shoulders of the jacket back a bit. The shoulder pads help a lot with this. And then finally, this also makes the chest more open. When you combine this with the collar folded over, enough chest is exposed.

I'm not sure how well I explained that, but the point is that Brad Pitt's posture has a great effect on the fit of the jacket, which is fairly obvious I guess but I think something that is often overlooked when analyzing the cut of these jackets. Especially since so many people don't have the greatest posture.

Anyway, here are some pics. Thanks to everyone here and at FilmJackets for their input over time, I can't find any stitching that is off. Particular thanks go to Jonathan of course, and AJ for taking the time to be thorough about checking with the screen-used jacket and getting the ball rolling on this idea. Cheers!

IMG_20140531_172244990.jpgIMG_20140531_172326149.jpgIMG_20140531_213843503_HDR.jpgIMG_20140531_172311298.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And here are some obligatory pics of me in some Durden clothes. My pants need hemming big time so I'm not wearing them or the Hodgman's, haha.

IMG_20140602_174421732.jpgIMG_20140602_174545784.jpgIMG_20140602_174520375.jpgIMG_20140602_174603652.jpgIMG_20140602_174749807.jpgIMG_20140602_175132194.jpg

Now try this. Brad never wore the red in the sunlight. Try taking pics in low
lighting or in the dark at nigt under a street light and compare. Or go on a bus at night. Seriously try taking a few pics under a street light at night and compare the colors.

I love the lining buddy, looks brilliant. I'll see if Jonathan has any of that if I get another one made. I got another JAL over the weekend on eBay for £129!!!!! Although it might be too big, if so I'll have to sell it on. But if it's not and only needs a slight adjustment, well, that's a bargain and I'm well happy.

Now try this. Brad never wore the red in the sunlight. Try taking pics in low
lighting or in the dark at nigt under a street light and compare. Or go on a bus at night. Seriously try taking a few pics under a street light at night and compare the colors.

Yeah, I think you're right. Now that I think about it, he's never really in direct sunlight, but in photo shoots there is definitely some bright light on him. Though, the post production complicates things further. I'll probably never see the screen-used jacket in person so I trust your judgement and I'm extremely happy with it. I don't really get the thing people say about redder equaling more "costumey" because it doesn't look like a costume to me at all. Just a really nice red jacket. I'll see if I can get some pics in darker places eventually whenever I am out wearing it. It's getting hot here so it won't see as much use, but I think it's actually slightly thinner than my Mayhem so maybe I can milk a few more days out of it.

The other thing that's great about this leather choice is that "crackly" kind of look that you see in Brad's is already apparent in this leather. It's very attractive though, not crusty or bad looking. Just well worn looking, and extremely soft. In some parts of the jacket the leather already feels almost like suede or something. It's lovely leather and I'm hesitant to give it a beating, but it really does need some degree of abuse to bring out some more character. Not that it needs it, but I think it'd add a lot. Thanks again for all your work on this AJ, I truly appreciate it.

I love the lining buddy, looks brilliant. I'll see if Jonathan has any of that if I get another one made. I got another JAL over the weekend on eBay for £129!!!!! Although it might be too big, if so I'll have to sell it on. But if it's not and only needs a slight adjustment, well, that's a bargain and I'm well happy.

Glad you like the lining bud! I would be happy to send you part of my sample if you're still interested, but if not, no worries. I know you just got this new jacket as a complete steal! You and I were talking about JALs selling cheap on the 'bay and now you got one too! Definitely gotta show us some pics when it shows up!

I am going to use part of the leather sample to do some experimenting. Specifically, I want to see how much water it can take without being damaged or shrinking. It would make me feel more comfortable wearing it around in rain and also could help with distressing. I'll see what I can find out. Maybe I'll try ironing some creases in too – not sure yet. I want to mess with it, but I would hate to **** it up too badly.

I thought about using this one to experiment on as well. Maybe soak it or wash it and see what the results would be, maybe stick it in the oven for a bit. See if I can shrink it. I bid up to 150 and someone else was fighting for it, but after about 20 mins before the end no one else raised it which I was very surprised about, cos usually all the activity is in the last 2 mins, but nothing. Maybe people just didn't realise how much they're worth, I dunno. I ain't complaining. Unless its massive, then it'll be a bit annoying.

as for the lining, I am going to be ordering from Jonathan very soon and I'll get him to put some samples of leathers and linings in the box when he sends the jackets I'm going to be ordering. Two at once. I'm hoping he can do that. Then I'll probably get one of the jackets you two have as well. I'm so greedy.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back