Need help to finish SS Salzo X-Wing

IzzyMel

Sr Member
I'm new to the Forum and Currently working on the CC Salzo X-Wing Model. Does anyone have a recommendation on what to use for a Stand or a base to display my X-Wing? Any help would be much appreciated.

Izzy

Your'e welcome. And also welcome to the forums. You will find a lot of valuable information on the X-Wing in this forum as I'm sure you may have already seen. If you have any questions on the kit don't hesitate to ask. We are lotsa smart persons we is. What bird are you going to build or are you doing something different? Oh, we also like pictures!:)

so what do you run the wiring for internal lighting through. cos I don't see a hollow to the panavise to allow the wiring to run through it

so what do you run the wiring for internal lighting through. cos I don't see a hollow to the panavise to allow the wiring to run through it

My V2 operates on two AA batteries. They are housed under the R2 strip along with the on/off switch. The strip is held in place with two R.E. magnets.

Does anyone know what they really used? The mount in the link doesnt look like the ones ILM actually used.
As far as powering the models, it looks like the original "hero" X-wings had some sort of custom-made connections on the sides of the fuselage, and also on the "butt plate".

There seem to be five small, round "holes" on the sides, under the cockpit, in front of the wings, near where the upper fuselage meets the lower. The holes may be thin-walled brass or copper tubing, which acted as power receptacles for some kind of male plugs (unknown type). Red Two only had two holes.

Also, the tank part on the back had six holes drilled out, maybe for the same reason.

It was reported that the four of five "hero" X-wings had high brightness "quartz" lights in the engines, as well as LED lit cockpit interiors, and lights for the proton-torpedo launchers and laser cannons. So there may have been at least 3 or 4 different circuits. The fifth hole may have been a universal ground (-).

The fellow in charge of the EFX X-Wing reported that it had a stereo jack & ribbon cable, but we don't know what size stereo jack (there are several).

Hope this helps . . .

Last edited:
Also, the tank part on the back had six holes drilled out, maybe for the same reason.

"The tank part".............. you must mean the M4 A3E8 surely :lol

lee

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back