Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The

Middle Earth Map (Super Sized)

I have been around this site now for a very long time, but I am not very active in conversation.
That said you may remember long ago that a giant map of Middle Earth was offered for a while. It was a thing of beauty at 36"x 31.25" and was made with great detail.

Well, I happened to be going through some old archive files on my storage and found the original file and here I offer it to all of you.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/heari7nl6f8beey/AABf1u91NQVOatQDGZDPOB5Ua?dl=0

What I ended up doing with mine, was I went to a local print shop that specialized in blue prints and had them print it 1:1 size using a plotter. I think aged the paper using the "tea method". I have yet to get it framed, but it looks fantastic.

Enjoy everyone!

Also from the files of better late than never, I just recently got the color version fixed up a bit, printed on archival paper and framed. It's hard to tell since I took this pic at night but the frame is a beautiful blue that really makes the colors pop. This map is awesome, thanks Adam!

Attachments

• ME Map.jpg
    ME Map.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 267
Howdy!
Been looking for a high resolution image of the Middle Ear Map for a while. Attempting to do a large scale transfer to canvas with projection and this image is perfect!
Will post the pictures of the completed project.

Thanks
Darius

It sounds like they were, from the video, but the RPF has gone through some overhauls and files disappear..

Thanks N2darkness. But I am specifically hoping to get a vector format, not raster. I was thinking of doing some editing (coast line topography in particular), and fix a couple typos, change font sizes, etc. Which I could do in raster but it would make much more sense to do it in vector format.

Thanks N2darkness. But I am specifically hoping to get a vector format, not raster. I was thinking of doing some editing (coast line topography in particular), and fix a couple typos, change font sizes, etc. Which I could do in raster but it would make much more sense to do it in vector format.

Would that be considered digital recasting?

Would that be considered digital recasting?
- Maybe, guess it depends on one's perspective. And context. I see something, I like it, and maybe I want to improve on it in some way. That's it. Not selling it, or claiming it as mine. Just a mod, then re-released for free into the same ecosystem that spawned it.

Or I could use Adam's TIFF file as a base, re-draw it from scratch, modify as I see fit, as presumably release it as my own unique work - as its data points are copied from Tolkien's just as Adam's were. None of us here claim creative rights to Middle Earth. I prefer the more direct route of modding and citing the origin of said mod.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back