MR Luke & Han ESB DL-44 flash hider ??

Did Boba Debt make the best fan made flash hider?

Yes, he certainly did. He made the Luke/Bespin with the radius and the Hoth with the taper. I used to own both, but sold the Han a couple years back. I still have my Luke though. I'm sure Chris could give more details about this as if my memory serves correct he helped out Boba Debt immensely on the project.

Glad to see that MR comparison shot as it's the one thing that I've yet to see despite all of the discussions over the years revolving around the ESB DL44....thanks for posting it:thumbsup

Last edited:
Yes, he certainly did. He made the Luke/Bespin with the radius and the Hoth with the taper. I used to own both, but sold the Han a couple years back. I still have my Luke though. I'm sure Chris could give more details about this as if my memory serves correct he helped out Boba Debt immensely on the project.

Glad to see that MR comparison shot as it's the one thing that I've yet to see despite all of the discussions over the years revolving around the ESB DL44....thanks for posting it:thumbsup

There certainly seems to be interest to have these made again!

I blueprinted the Luke one for Bobadebt and I gave the blueprint to MR (I think they tweaked it a little).

Man, Chris they should have left it alone. I didn't know that you submitted your blueprint. I thought the Luke/Bespin muzzle you did was absolutely perfect in every way. The MR Luke looks as if the radius to the cone was removed and given a simple taper. I'm still glad I held onto my Luke .....someday I hope to get an MGC to have a "perfect" ESB DL44 replica:)

I didn't realize they got rid of the radius on the Luke. I knew they did on the Han, rightly so IMO.
They gave me a Han AP for my help on both. I haven't seen the Luke in person. I believe Rebelscum had some great MR Luke blaster pics from a convention, but I can't find them right now.

One thing MR nailed perfectly on the Luke and everyone else has missed is the knob holding the scope mount on.
I'd love to see a run of those.

BTW - The MR scope bracket was also based on my blueprint with some minor tweaks.

I didn't realize they got rid of the radius on the Luke. I knew they did on the Han, rightly so IMO.
They gave me a Han AP for my help on both. I haven't seen the Luke in person. I believe Rebelscum had some great MR Luke blaster pics from a convention, but I can't find them right now.

One thing MR nailed perfectly on the Luke and everyone else has missed is the knob holding the scope mount on.

BTW - The MR scope bracket was also based on my blueprint with some minor tweaks.

Chris,

Could you share the blueprints? I'd love to see if I could find a machinist who could make these happen. I've never anything done something like this before, but I would be willing to give it shot. :)

Yes I did a limited sub-run of Han Hoth Muzzles when I did the main Bespin Muzzle Run.

As far as I am concerned they were the most accurate replica made to date and I could not have done it with out Lonepeigons help and a whole lot of discussion from the members of the Active Project, does anyone remember the debates over the hollowed out back :)

The biggest issue when making these is the knurling. When you knurl a flat surface you raise the material. Most of the available versions have very deep knurling which extends past the OD by at least .030" and upto .090".

My machinist did it in a way that barely increased the OD which made it way more accurate

Here is a comparison of the 2 muzzles

ESBMuzzleComparison.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

What did they do for this part, anyone have pictures

Chris,
Could you share the blueprints? I'd love to see if I could find a machinist who could make these happen. I've never anything done something like this before, but I would be willing to give it shot.

I'm short on time but I might be able to do a run with my original machinist he should have the code already to go but to be price competitive we would have to make at least 20 muzzles.

Last edited:
What did they do for this part, anyone have pictures

I short on time but I might be able to do a run with my original machinist he should have the code already to go but to be price competitive we would have to make at least 20 muzzles.

Hell! I'd buy at least (2)! :D

I'd love an accurate attachment parts as well. I'm trying to find something that will work, but I haven't found anything that's very close. I did see a great looking knob for a Ferrari air filter that looks cool, but they want $35 for a set of three. :unsure

20mm OD
df43_1.JPG

Those were the Rebelscum pics I was trying to find again.

Nice to see MR did include the radius on the muzzle.
The side knob is very close to the real prop although the straight side should be as tall as the tapered edge - looks like that part lost some detail by being die-cast instead of machined.

Those were the Rebelscum pics I was trying to find again.

Nice to see MR did include the radius on the muzzle.
The side knob is very close to the real prop although the straight side should be as tall as the tapered edge - looks like that part lost some detail by being die-cast instead of machined.

So the side knob should be thicker?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back