Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

I did get my bike back from the pinstriper. Overall, I am pleased with the job that he did. There should have been two stripes on the second top bar, but the tank will hide them anyway.

bike.jpg

Kind of a radical idea, but does anyone know if making the saddlebags from a custom pepakura file would work? From what I've heard, pep builds reinforced with fiberglass and bondo are relatively strong. Might also be faster and cheaper than carving a buck and molding it.

I said I wasn't going to get my hopes and I'm glad I didn't, seemed to me he kinda phoned it in, he went in and out of character and the story was lacking, I guess it was better than Big Top though.

P.S., I do want a Pee-wee switchblade now

Looking good! ,I was starting to think everyone gave up on their bike projects, it's been pretty quiet around here lately.

Last edited:
FullSizeRender.jpg
Been working on my bike lately. I installed the bags I got from Ruddigger and I really like how it came out. I set the bags a little bit more centered to make the bags balance a little better for rides. The movie bike has the bags set back a little further, but I am more comfortable this way since I plan to ride it more. Thanks for the help Ruddigger!

Skirt guard is not that tough. Get some MDF board and trace the frame. The reflective bones are pretty east if you have a template. I have one if you need it. Luckily, everyone on this post is willing to help if you need it. Let me know.

Everyones bikes are coming out great. I started mine a long yime ago in this thread and stopped because of paramedic school. I have two months left in my program so ill be finishing up my bike. Are you selling thoee microphone clips. Ill take one

I don't think that I will be able to re-contour the tiger head with the software that I have. One option that I am exploring is just cutting out the jewel (see pic below). My thinking is that with some modeling clay, someone can then easily re-contour the head themselves for the Pee-Wee version, or they could possibly just put a bicycle jewel in the hole and light it from behind like in the original siren. Does anyone know how easy the jewels are to remove from the bicycle/license plate jewel studs?

View attachment 571120

I was wondering if your willimg to share thr file. My local library has a 3d printer. I actually bought a tiger head from greg on this thread but it fell off my bike and broke

tiger_1.jpgtiger_2.jpgtiger_3.jpg
With some encouragement from h0taspho, I took another look at the 3D model of the tiger. I was able to use Meshmixer to re-contour the head. I was pretty excited that I was able to do it! I think the results turned out pretty good. I am now having one 3D printed to see what the resulting quality looks like.

Im excited that I finally have all the pieces except for the cnc piece that goes on the back skirt and on the chain gaurd.. This last weekend I was able to work on and finish the chain gaurd. I ordered some new tires since the old ones have been on there for 3 years now along with a new shiny kickstand. Only things left on the to do list is to weld some pieces, make the property sign, 3d print another tiger head, cut open the door to the bags and give it a paint and one day get the cnc pieces. (they are so damm expensive).

On that not does anyone know the dimensions on the property sign and should i get brass or copper? I was quoted 13 dollars I was wondering if that is a good deal
Secondly, in the picture with the siren where should i get the welds done on it? it is the original bracket from the siren.

on a side note I probably could have finished this bike along time ago. Paramedic school was an expensive and busy journey that finishes in a month and a half
View attachment 630365View attachment 630366View attachment 630361View attachment 63036220160528_142924.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

btw instead of my dog eating homework i guess he wanted to eat the lion instead. maybe it scared him who knows.

I did have some new tiger siren parts printed after doing some tweaks on the models. I am overall happy with how they turned out. They were printed in Shapeway's strong and flexible plastic. I am hoping the result is as good in PLA and ABS. They of course still require some painting.

WP_20160603_20_06_18_Pro.jpgWP_20160603_20_07_25_Pro.jpgWP_20160603_20_07_51_Pro.jpgWP_20160603_20_09_06_Pro.jpgWP_20160603_20_14_32_Pro.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back