Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Ryan that paint looks great, can't wait to see those on your bike.

Gregg great job on that casting looks great, I found a tiger siren on ebay in 2011 and won for what I thought was cheap, the kind with the green box and the smaller housing. I thought I could convince myself to make the movie poster bike ha!

Droidboy, are you going to mold the housings in black resin? It would save having to paint it, and if it ever chips the edge will still be black.

Yep. I already have 2 gallons of black resin ready to go. I was just using the white resin to clean out the mold and do a test run.

Thanks Dalek....

Here are the first castings and my first attempt at cold casting in aluminum. I'm going to try it with a lighter resin next time, but this is what I had on hand. Either way, I'm pretty happy with it. As soon as I get it how I want it I'll have them available if anyone is interested.

10498540_10101199690293104_2508796839899315175_o.jpg
10572077_10101199987771954_369770820576959602_o.jpg

It's just a regular two part mold No pressure casting.

I'll probably still have mine chrome plated for my bike, but I thought it would be fun to try doing them in cold cast.

Without a pressure pot maybe you can just cast them with the back side up, that way bubbles will be on the back where they wont matter. It would suck to have that nice finish marred by bubble holes.

Wow guys, it's been a while, but man is everyone getting industrious. Glad to see so much progress from everyone. Gonna be very broke soon I have a feeling...

I bought a frame! :D It's a spitfire I purchased off ratrodbikes.com, and it's coming with the frame, fenders, and handlebars. Only $72! Good patience brought me an amazing deal!

Here it is:
5670_20b0d9d83182efc545bc2a34455f748c.jpg

Me too! I'm really happy with it. He offered to give me the crank for free, but since I was going to be changing it anyway, I said thanks but no. If anything this is an amazing deal for the price. Only real issue I could tell was that the fenders aren't ducktail, but I don't mind. After all it shouldn't interfere with the installation of the mudflaps. Just like to say a special thanks to Abe for the help in finding it!

Thank You so much Abe! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back