Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

IMG_20140711_141309583.jpg

Here is the shifter my buddy found for me, he has picked parts from the 30s-80s from a old bike shop. He said the owner just gave this to him because he didn't see any value haha. My buddy said there was at least 2 or 3 more he will be getting for me.

Ha! That's awesome! All the bike shops where I live are new so I don't see too many vintage bikes. But while I was out searching for parts/bike frames today, I entered an antique shop and there was a 1940's woman's Schwinn right at the door! It was only $120, and I was considering to buy it just cause it's probably worth more then that, but I figured I'd just save for parts instead. Then I entered Goodwill and found the Firestone bike with the shimano shifter. I might sell the other bike pieces once I finish removing the surface rust.

I saw a 40's or 50's kids 24" deluxe in an antique shop last week. They wanted 700 bucks. Old bikes here aren't cheap, because they're not that common.

ga6usyju-1.jpgHey DalekMcFly, that is an old delta tank horn diaphram piece, it's suppose to have a battery tray with a button on it to make it sound, the previous owner Frankensteined on the bike and wired for a alternate power source.

Last edited:
Thanks billy. I think there was actually a generator on that bike at one point, but your guess is as good as mine. Do you know how much it's worth?

Also, it says 24 volts for power so to make sure it works I need to get myself a lantern battery.

Last edited:
If the horn is a delta horn, yeah about 20-40 bucks, it looks as if it was another brand horn that had a handlebar mount. If it not a delta, then maybe 10-15 if it works. And yes you can mount it in your tank, but the button is covered by the badge, but it would be cool to extend the wires to one of the black box or one of the tank buttons. If your still looking for a dx, there was a guy that bought a bunch of bikes about a month ago, i think i posted a link or something a few pages back, you should pm that guy to see if he still has one. Also always confirm the part with a picture. Ryan is right even through the cabe has many knowledgable people, there are a lot of trolls trying to sell stuff too.

Oh of course. The seller indeed showed me images of the frame so I wasn't too weary of him. But he just messaged me telling me that all the frames he has are straight so I'll find that link you posted Abe and see if he's got any left.

Today was all PeeWee work all day long. I'm exhausted.

•Went to Home Depot for some molding supplies.
•I finished resculpting the right side master, puttied it, primered it, built a mold wall and did the silicone print coat. I may still have time tonight to do a brush up coat.
•The top rear fin on my headlight had fallen off. So I ground off all the old CA and epoxy build up, repainted it and reattached the fin. This time with pins, like the movie bike.
•Laid up a new left side saddlebag, but ran out of fiberglass mat so I could only do that piece. It takes one whole package of mat to do one bag.
•I also thickened up the silicone mold on the top bag, and made a new mother mold. This time it's a 2 piece mother mold like the side bags.
•Did some body work on the left side fiberglass bag I did last week. Laid the white base coat just a few minutes ago.

bag22.JPG

bag23.JPG

So I was able to get my hands on one of the proper tiger head sirens and man.....the difference in size is huge.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406991239.851611.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406991250.168120.jpg

This weekend will be spent in the shop molding this bad boy. Graphics are already done and I just need to make more lenses.

As much as I love the one from Kansas Jack, I'm excited to have the right sized one with an absolutely correct faceplate and decals.

Gregg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back