Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

I'll make you one!

- - - Updated - - -

Here ya go!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Life-Like-Tiger-Wall-Mount-Head-/190881176191?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c71679a7f

Inspired by Abe's Exhibit C Horn. I picked up this Red Horn on ebay a couple weeks back. Got a deal on it since it was painted red. Stripped the paint off hoping there would be chrome under but found something just as good. Looks like the horns were made from die cast white metal. I polished the horn using a rag wheel and in 20 minutes had a chrome like mirror polish. I ended up using a green unibox because it was like $3 dollars shipped. Black trim paint worked really well on the project box. I was thinking the horn would be shorter than the screen used but looks like its the correct length to me. Check out the comparison in the last photo. Now all I need to do is figure out how to make it actually work;)

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpgHorns (1).jpg

Great job Ed, I was holding out cause I want one with the other style mount. I had a hard time shoving a sound chip in the and making the button work. That looks great, way to polish it. Did you get a part number on the button? I found mine at an old electronics shot in Torrance, the header card was missing. BTW guys Electronics City or whatever that place was in Burbank shut its doors in Dec.
Abe

Last edited:
What is the co2 cartridge for?

To get the horn to blow. I've used one of those emergency boat air horns before. They are super loud. The can is about the size of a soda can. I suppose someone could mount a can in the saddle bags or rear rack and run some red plastic air line to the button on the handle bars but I'm thinking one of those little co2 cartridges could just fit inside the black box. You'd probably only get a few good blasts but it would be cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Here are some pis with the bags next to a tape

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    790.2 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    774.8 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    670.9 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    657.4 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    671.4 KB · Views: 232
And a pic of his close I am to being done with this obsession! I got lazy and chai fed the position of the tank badge to cover the hole they come with

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 119
And a few more

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    622.5 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    570.2 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    968.9 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    970.3 KB · Views: 119
Awesome job Dmarks, everything looks outstanding, the saddlebags and console especially, must feel pretty good to get it done, I always like to see one get finished, just in time for summer too!

Thanks billy, obviously the bike would b nothing without u canfab guys, I can't thank u guys enough, I've wanted an x1 for almost 30 years, without the hard work of everyone on this thread, it never would have been possible, my bikes not perfect but it brings smiles everywhere I take her, which is one of the main reasons for doing this, it really would b cool to hold an x1 rally at the Alamo someday, I guarantee it'd make the news! Thanks again to everyone on this site, special thanks to Abe, Ed, kxazbug, skillcrain, droid boy, captain eo, and kansasjack,(sorry if I missed anyone)I can see the finish line!!!

I'm anxious to look at your photos when I get to sit down at a computer. My phone won't show that many of them but I'm sure it looks great

DMarks,

The finish line definitely looks close. Congrats. It turned out very nicely. Let me know if/when you plan on coming to the San Antonio. I live in SA myself, & have been talking to some of the Texas builders (as well as some from other states) for a while about trying to organize an X1 gathering. There's even a night bike ride monthly that starts at the Alamo. I'm on the final stretches myself (I'd imagine I'll be 100% in less than a month), so I've been itching to get some pics of the bike in front of it.

Dmarks, beautiful job finishing your X1. I'm in the middle of moving so I just have my phone. Can't wait to get to a computer so I can see the pics full size!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back